Can I use a 93 Bose CD/Tape HU as pre-amp in an aftermarket system
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Can I use a 93 Bose CD/Tape HU as pre-amp in an aftermarket system in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I'm looking at getting an aftermarket amp for my car (I've already replaced the speakers and it had some POS ...
    Flash_Cadillac is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sports Coupe

Can I use a 93 Bose CD/Tape HU as pre-amp in an aftermarket system

I'm looking at getting an aftermarket amp for my car (I've already replaced the speakers and it had some POS HU in it from the previous owner) and was wondering If I would be able to use the Bose HU as a pre-amp of sorts, seeing as I have yet to find a nice 2 Din HU to use instead. I know it doesn't have a tuner but I honestly haven't listened to radio in I don't know how long. I would mainly be using the Tape and CD sections. I can guess that it would put out a standard low level signal for the tape but does this HU contain a DAC for the CD section?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Flash_Cadillac is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sports Coupe

Re: Can I use a 93 Bose CD/Tape HU as pre-amp in an aftermarket system

So no one has any idea if the bose HU will out put an analog signal when the CD player is selected.

Dregun is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Can I use a 93 Bose CD/Tape HU as pre-amp in an aftermarket system

You are going to want this device
    http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28

Amazon sells it cheaper!!

If you need a 4 channel version they have that too..but not a 6 channel version (so no 4channel amp + 2 channel/Mono amp for subwoofer). You could still do it but you would need to piggyback your rear to your sub (your amps should have this ability or you can buy a piggyback cable)

I take it your aftermarket HU already has the RCA's and remote lead running to it? If it does, and you can fit this device behind the Bose when you install it then this is a really quick job. You will just need to find the color codes to determine what wires power each speaker and polarity. Also what wires are providing it with 12v power (constant) or run a line to your fuze box or battery. This device will not reduce the load on the headunit (ohms) nor affect audio output from your stereo. It can be installed at the amp or head unit; completely up to you.

As a side note, I read your question over 10 times before I think I figured out what you were trying to do. It may have been the reason for your lack of responses

Good Luck!!

----------

If however I was wrong and you just want something to trigger the remote on lead to your amplifier (not sure why the aftermarket HU isn't doing that for you) then you can buy this device and its only a 4 wire installation.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=188

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.