installing 7'inch tablet in my 92 deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, installing 7'inch tablet in my 92 deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; hello everyone, im planning to remove my OEM stereo and install my playbook tablet but what i want to ask ...
    deville.1992 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville 1992

Question installing 7'inch tablet in my 92 deville

hello everyone,

im planning to remove my OEM stereo and install my playbook tablet but what i want to ask is

what kind of weirs do i need?

what kind of amplifier do i use?

dose it fit or should i use a windsheald mount and do some cuts?

please advice ASAP

Tanks,,.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: installing 7'inch tablet in my 92 deville

no one know anything about this??

mdleal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Mp3car.com

Dregun is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My opinion the best solution is this.

Bluetooth AD2P to FM Modulator
    Universal Mount Using CD Slot

Basically you install the FM modulator that will allow you to stream audio from your tablet (or any other bluetooth device) to your existing car stereo. I believe this system also has an "auto reconnect" once the tablet is in range of your receiver. The mount slides into your CD player slot and expands a bit to hold it in place. No visible wires and no reason for theft. Simply slide your tablet out, remove the mount and put both in your glovebox and nobody would be the wiser.

This setup will allow you to keep your existing stereo but also give you full access to your multimedia capabilities of your tablet. Since it is transmitting wireless through bluetooth the tablet can be removed from the cradle and used in the backseat, outside the car and possibly even on a nearby bench if the range isn't too compromised.

Unfortunately not many good "Car Dock Home" apps are around to take advantage of a tablet being used as a replacement for a car stereo. My suggestion for this is to download "Poweramp" and the additional widgets (Poweramp Standard Widget Pack). Download "media volume bar widget, Bluetooth Profile Widget, a clock widget of your choice. Only 2 apps need to be paid for and that would be around 6-7 dollars total. You can try "Car Home Ultra", it is the best Car Home app out there and it is only like (5 dollars after trial) but I personally find it lacking.

Good Luck

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Its another way to do it. You can do this add a 4 channel amp and your gonna need a y adapter for the tablet .from there you use a coupler run a set of RCA's to the 4 channel amp and split them when you get to the amp . As for a remote wire for your amp use the antenna/ remote wire for the factory HU harness . As for the speakers wire them how they are wired factory . The 4x6 and 5 1/4 are on the one channel and the 6x9 are on the rear channel. I did the same kind of install in my 93 Deville but I did a car computer in the dash. My only suggestion is this make the tablet fit in the dash you can use the wood bezel as frame and Mount to the tablet so it stays inside the dash.

Heres my car PC setup
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/337853...eville/page-5/

thanks for everything guys

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    So what did u end up doing pics please

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.