new find on cassette to cd plug n play
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, new find on cassette to cd plug n play in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello Everyone, In my last post about changing my FM/Cassette unit to a CD, it was the consences that it ...
    eldoedwardo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 Eldorado coupe

new find on cassette to cd plug n play

Hello Everyone, In my last post about changing my FM/Cassette unit to a CD, it was the consences that it would not be possible because of the wiring differences. While zip tying down some floppy wiring I noticed a sealed up factory wiring connector in the trunk (wraped in styrofoam).From trips to my salvage yard I recognized it as a CD changer plug (2 rows of 9 or 10 pin). Is it possible with that connector there that the dash end also has a CD plug also? I found a CD unit that is not Bose same button set-up as my cass...not a doubleCD/Cass just AM/FM/CD, the whole car(seville) looks like it was cared for. What has been you guys experiences at this? Am I still hoping for something that is not possible?
    As always I would like to hear thoughts from everyone that has an idea...........Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: new find on cassette to cd plug n play

ANY '96+ Eldorado had provision in the trunk for a CD changer. This means you do have the CD changer cable in the trunk by the power antenna.
    Is a black female connector, 1 row of 9 pins (pin 4 is vacant).
    Your car needs the 12 Disk CD Changer, regardless if you have BOSE or base the CD changer is the same.
    You can find one for cheap on e-bay or on wreckyards (pay attention most have water damages or the magazine is jammed in).
    In the picture below are two CD Changers like the one you need (but not the correct bracket).

You need the CD Changer and the Cadillac specific CD changer (nothing else, no cables, adapers or whatever somebody may try to sell you). Is a plug an play deal, just plug it and the existing HU will recognize it right away.
    Here are more details.
    This is a picture of the CD Changer with the Cadillac specific bracket.

eldoedwardo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 Eldorado coupe

Thank you for that info..Im not wanting a changer in the trunk yet ,I should have asked since the trunk wiring is there for a cd changer do you think the in dash wiring will allow aplug-n play switch out from fm/cassette to fm/cd?... thanks for the pics, hopefully I won't have to have 5,371 posts to learn how to do that stuff....thanks Ed

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

I don't understand what you mean.
    Do you want to replace the HU from the Cassette/Tape/Radio to Cassette/Tape/Radio/CD?

If that's what you want I believe I mentioned recently in one of your threads (hope I am not mistaking you for another poster), if you don't have Bose it WON'T WORK!
    Just so you understand what that involves have a look here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.