2003 STS 6-disc BOSE no Navi AUX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2003 STS 6-disc BOSE no Navi AUX in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Okay, so I know there are a ton of posts on how to go about putting a Aux adapter in ...
    MattHatlee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS

2003 STS 6-disc BOSE no Navi AUX

Okay, so I know there are a ton of posts on how to go about putting a Aux adapter in place of your 6 Disc CD Changer. But the only full step by step write ups I could find were either addressing non-BOSE systems or Bose systems with Navi.
    My 2003 STS has a BOSE system with a 6 disc CD changer in the arm rest center console, but no Navi. I don't plan on keeping the 6 Disc CD changer in the car for two reasons. 1.) I want the space in my center console that the CD changer takes up, and 2.) I will never use it if I hook my iPhone up to it.
    Can someone please try to make it very clear to me on all the steps including how to remove the CD changer. What wires to remove, where the wires are located and where to connect the new wires. I would greatly appreciate it. I have been reading different threads on this topic for about the last 2 days and I can't find anything specific to my vehicle.
    I know i am very incorrect but so far my understanding is that in order to do this you have to take the CD changer out of the Center Console by un-screwing 2 fasteners and the whole unit should just pop out, then from what I understand there should be a bunch if wires attached by a clip-like thing to the bottom of the CD changer unit. After I disconnect that I plug in a connector that I would have to make on my own that looks like this.

image-285302981.jpg

Than I should be able to solder that to my aux input and I should be all set?
    I'm just really confused lol. Please help me!
    Oh and I should probably add I want to keep steering wheel controls! Thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: 2003 STS 6-disc BOSE no Navi AUX

I sent you a link on one of your many posts on the subject on how to add AUX input to your BOSE system.
    There are solutions for base, BOSE and NAV. I posted for every one and that link should get you to any of them.
    FORGET ABOUT REPLACING THE beeping CD changer, don't understand what people get deeply embedded into their brains "remove the CD changer and replace with AUX input".
    You don't need to replace the CD changer you keep it and add an AUX input, the AUX input has NO LINK AT ALL with the CD changer, is added to the HU line not CD Changer.

READ MORE AND MORE CAREFULLY, your understanding could not be more wrong.
    You don't like the link I sent you go to google.com and type my user ID and “AUX input”, the first link about this, read, follow the links provided, is all there.

MattHatlee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS
    Thanks N*. Sorry. I don't know how to delete threads that I started. And I didn't mean to post so many threads on the same thing. When I was making the threads It said there was a error when posting and I guess it posted anyway. Thanks for the info though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.