98 SLS audio help?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By dawgjoose
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 98 SLS audio help?! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i own a 98 seville sls with the stock bose sound system. i have recently decided the stock subwoofer is ...
    shawnmax003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville SLS

98 SLS audio help?!

i own a 98 seville sls with the stock bose sound system. i have recently decided the stock subwoofer is not enough boom for me but have heard countless times that its a pain to upgrade due to bose being difficult. i just want to put 2 12 inch sub with an amp in my trunk but not sure how to go about doing that because im not putting a headunit in. pictures of the process or just an explanation on how to do it would be appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dawgjoose is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 CATERA, 2001 STS

Re: 98 SLS audio help?!

You can use a PAC SOEM T line out converter to tap in to your sub wires in the rear deck. It is a triggering LOC that uses the sibnal in the sub wire to turn the amp on and off. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and it has worked out fine so far. I kept my Bose HU and just removed the sub from the rear deck. I am running a Kenwood amp and sub combo which is more than adequate for shaking the rearview mirror and filling in that lower bass. Tap into the wires from the sub. A wiring diagram is included with the LOC. Just tweak your settings as needed.
    shawnmax003 and shawnmax003 like this.

shawnmax003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville SLS

i did all that and it sounded great for about a month or so. then my car wouldnt start, i figured it was just an old battery so i had it replaced. i just put in the new battery 2 days ago, and this morning my car wouldnt start again. i know its electrical because the radio doesnt turn on and the power locks and stuff dont work. ive got the power wire hooked up to the battery under the backseat. where did u hook yours up? did u go under the hood for yours? this is very frustrating and starting to cost some good money

----------

i did all that and it sounded great for about a month or so. then my car wouldnt start, i figured it was just an old battery so i had it replaced. i just put in the new battery 2 days ago, and this morning my car wouldnt start again. i know its electrical because the radio doesnt turn on and the power locks and stuff dont work. ive got the power wire hooked up to the battery under the backseat. where did u hook yours up? did u go under the hood for yours? this is very frustrating and starting to cost some good money

dawgjoose is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 CATERA, 2001 STS

where did you hook your remote trigger wire to? the yellow is constant and the blue is the trigger. If you hook them into the amp (yellow at battery) then it should work fine. I never had any power drains or anything. Just watch out for cranking the bass up too high. Yuo should be able to tweakit in the head unit.

----------

sorry for the spelling! no glasses

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Also where did you ground it .. loose grounds can cause a drain as well

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.