Upgrading my Deville for better sound
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Upgrading my Deville for better sound in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I was doing a lot of research on the different type of dampening on the market and what to use ...
    biggyal66 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville DHS

Upgrading my Deville for better sound

I was doing a lot of research on the different type of dampening on the market and what to use and what not to use. I finally decided to take the plunge and try a product that I havent seen a lot of reviews about. http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...9897/SFV/30046
    I got 36sq. ft of it, It was about 30lbs. 9 sheets total. Then I went to Home Depot and got a roll of Frost King HVAC foam insulation wrap. 15sq. ft. In total I have spent about $150 for everything. I first laid down the frost king on the floor of the trunk. My logic was use the cheap stuff on the floor so I dont have to worry about coming up or sliding around. Plus since the frost king stuff was made for insulation the floor of the trunk would be perfect to keep the heat of the exhuast from entering the trunk area. Then I used about 3.5 sheets of the good stuff to finish the floor and do the walls that I could reach and have my wife do the under side of the rear deck that the rear subwoofer is at and the trunk lid. I have all of the carpet still out of the car but even with the trunk area bare the difference is crazy. The rear deck still rattles but not as bad. Once I get all of the carpet back in the real test starts. I am going to be installing duel 10" subwoofers in the trunk. 350w Pioneers with a 1000w MA audio amp driving them. It should beat pretty hard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

njam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 sts, 1978 coupe deville

Re: Upgrading my Deville for better sound

if going through all it takes to put some good sound in the car, scrap the pioneer subs, get some MA audio or other subs. the pioneers you will be highly disappointed in. i can recomend some great subs on the cheap-ish. and they are called "sundown audio sa-10d" they will slam. or even somem kicker cvrx 10" but the pioneers never ever sounded good in anything i had. specially being driven by the beast MA audio amp you listed.

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    The pioneers are not what I would consider to be anything useful.
    I have enjoyed the "sound" from JL subs the best with kicker a second place. Havent been around MA subs or amps at all so can't comment there.

I have everything back in the car. After some wiring issues of my own I got the system up and running. The pioneer subs flat out beat!! I wired them down to 2 ohms and the amp is running great. If I turn it up to about 80% it shakes everything in the car. So far Im pretty happy with the setup. The only real rattle I have is from the tag I only have the top screws in the tag. Im going to take the rear trim piece and dampen it on the back. I will take some pics tonight of the system. My next step is to dampen all doors and replace the deck with a Pioneer AVH-4400BH double din dvd, and replace all door speakers with pioneer compents.
    1. dampen all doors
    2. Get double din deck
    3. replace all bose speakers.
    4. Get exhaust for better sound.
    5. Powder coat wheels.

lets get some pics.

what did you do for the HU, aftermarket or stock,

aux input or not.

i need to know as i am undertaking this task also

I havent got the HU for it yet. Saving the money and waiting on wifey to ok the $500 purhcase. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dxm568X...H-P4400BH.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-AVH-...5cd095&vxp=mtr this should save you $150 easy

ebay for everything

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    If you gonna spend tht much on a stereo go with a tablet its cheaper all digital and you got free gps

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.