95 Deville Concours aftermarket stereo install (active audio) HELP!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By still_walkin
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 95 Deville Concours aftermarket stereo install (active audio) HELP! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i have a 95 concours. i love my car but want to upgrade the stereo system to new and cool. ...
    truedrew is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 cadillac deville concours

95 Deville Concours aftermarket stereo install (active audio) HELP!

i have a 95 concours. i love my car but want to upgrade the stereo system to new and cool. i already have a pioneer avh-p1400dvd double din. i have been researching on the internet for weeks on how to install this stereo to no avail due to it is an active audio unit. i see lots on the bose and base model but mine is neither.i know i have 11 speakers and the amp< and tuner in the trunk.from what i understand its alot of rewireing wich i have no problem with for something i enjoy but im not sure i understand how to do it. i gather mixed ways to install like rewireing the whole thing or leaving the radio in the trunk hooked up to the tuner and so on. my goal is to use the factory amp and install an aftermarket stereo. im pretty sure im gonna have to rewire the amp and all that great time consuming stuff but im not sure if i am going to have issues with removing the amp tuner and head unit and not have problems with anything else ( factory alarm,flashing lights,engine stalling or security......)i have read some horrific problems coming from an install like this but not from a 95 concours or active audio system. i am looking for the color codes to the amp, stereo, and tuner if possible to wire the harnesses all together and run the amp in the "same way" as its original state. any advice,links,pictures or stories would be greatly appreciated. i love my car but am not happy with the factory stereo and this tuner thing. its the first caddy ive owned and wont be my last im sure and its definately not the first system i have installed a few hundred between friends and my own vehicles but never one so complicated. please heeeellllllpppppp as im dien for a new stereo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Noone has any tips or advice at all? Wow. Kinda shocked I've always turned to this site for some kind of answers and atleast found a work around and now nothing.....wow is all I can say

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    It all depending on what you want done either PM me of post your questions here . I'm sure I can help

Re: 95 Deville Concours aftermarket stereo install (active audio) HELP!

I did ask in ny original post at the top of the page. In wanting to install an in dash dvd player in my 95 concours but it has active audio and the tuner seems to be in the trunk. Is there a harness for it or do i just rewire it and will it mess with the security also if at all possible id like to find the color code to the original amp do i can still use it any help or advice woulf be appr
    eciated

Miwerl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 cadillac concours

I am haveing the exact problem. My towns audio experts said I have to rewire everything because of that active audio. I was wondering what u figured out and if u could give me some advice.

juleusmac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Go to the shop and get it done... The wrong two wires touch and u can have a bigger problem... I hooked a deck up in my 87 and lost my gas and ac gadges.

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Rewire it save yourself a headache
    Tankboy40 likes this.

Tankboy40 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 ETC (N* 120k)

I have had this experience also... I ended up leaving the factory wiring in place, but ran ALL new wiring (including speaker wiring) from the new h/u and it works just fine...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.