After market amp in 2002 deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, After market amp in 2002 deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ok I want to hook an amp in my deville. I have everything figured out but a 5 volt source ...
    jubylives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

After market amp in 2002 deville

Ok I want to hook an amp in my deville. I have everything figured out but a 5 volt source to turn the amp on. Anyone have an idea where or if there is a 5 volt source?

jeremy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    You can try tapping into the rear fuse panel.. but not sure if the voltage meets or exceeds 5

I messed around back there but didnt find a 5 volt yet. I got through half of the fuses before I had to stop but still have more to check.

any ideas?

stickpony is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: After market amp in 2002 deville

why does it have to be 5volts? every aftermarket amp ive ever used had a 12v turn on signal?

Dregun is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: After market amp in 2002 deville

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this might be useful for others ..maybe..

This device does a lot of things, but what you want it to do is take a signal coming from a speaker source (something with lower wattage..like your rear speakers, not your subs hooked up to a 2000watt amp!) Anyways, you feed this device 12v (from your amp) and ground (from your amp) hook up the Green wire to the negative terminal on one of your speakers and the blue wire from this will now function as your 12v remote on wire.

As stated, this thing can do many things but it can also do what you are looking for without being to invasive.

Pac Tr7

Good Luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.