94 deville, do i have to run 8 wires to my trunk for music?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 94 deville, do i have to run 8 wires to my trunk for music? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a am/fm tape deck that only has amfm.. i picked up a sony CD playa and started to ...
    JimmytheCow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 deville

94 deville, do i have to run 8 wires to my trunk for music?

I have a am/fm tape deck that only has amfm.. i picked up a sony CD playa and started to rip into it and hook it up. I got the power, the remote turn on lead and signal cable to the trunk for the subs.. but then i see a post about the head unit is only a remote unit? there is an amp in the trunk (factory) under the rear deck.. do i have to run my CD players audio signal cables to the trunk and bypass that amp? can i tap into it? im confused....

its a 94 deville with tape deck, and amp in the trunk (factory)

how do i hook up an aftermarket CD playa?

ty

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 94 deville, do i have to run 8 wires to my trunk for music?

I have been reading a lot about how the 96-99's had to have the stock head unit relocated to the trunk to make everything work right.

I dont beleave the 94 is one of them. the pin out coclor codes I find are no where near close to being right. so im lost. here is the link im refurring to thats making me nervous.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9101540AAEoa1g
    you need to remove it all ans start over
    the amplifier only works with the factory bose gold unit
    also the speakers are 1.5 ohms and will burn the new head unit

all the connections are done in the trunk you need to run 8 cables to the front for speakers
    and the antenna plug to the front

power and ignition can be found at front under the dash

----------

I chatted online with a crutchfield agent and he said i need this

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207018...r.html?tp=3486

i remove stock unit, install new unit, run the RCA cables to the trunk and run this bypass thing or whatever into the stock amped system?

I want to make sure I do this right! I noticed my rear 6x9 is blown as well, rotted completely out.. I know its only for low sub freqs, so not to put in a 3way or anything... so any recommendations for decent replacemnts?

sorry for all the Q's. but i have to drive to work with no music till i figure this out. its in limbo... banging subs wired up but no music to be played thru it. sad panda...

anyone have any insight on this? im about 90% sure this is the route I need to go. but I wanted someone to agree that im going in the right dirrection.

in about 7 days i should have my pay check and ill be able to dump some more cash into it.

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

it depends on how you want to do it do you want your speakers to run directly to the HU or to a AMP. you can get a four channel amp and run the wires from the new speakers to the amp OR to the HU it depends on you taste. on replacements of you in to spend some money go with alpine or mtx if not go with poineer or clairion.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Quote Originally Posted by JimmytheCow View Post
    I have a am/fm tape deck that only has amfm.. i picked up a sony CD playa and started to rip into it and hook it up. I got the power, the remote turn on lead and signal cable to the trunk for the subs.. but then i see a post about the head unit is only a remote unit? there is an amp in the trunk (factory) under the rear deck.. do i have to run my CD players audio signal cables to the trunk and bypass that amp? can i tap into it? im confused....

its a 94 deville with tape deck, and amp in the trunk (factory)

how do i hook up an aftermarket CD playa?

ty
    What radio do you have? If you can get a harness that plugs into the wiring in the dash chances are there are no other parts to it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.