DeVille 04 Base SubWoofer Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DeVille 04 Base SubWoofer Replacement in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a blown non-BOSE subwoofer ... and I planning to get an aftermarket one .... The proplem is the ...
    LeaderX11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville 2004

DeVille 04 Base SubWoofer Replacement

I have a blown non-BOSE subwoofer ... and I planning
    to get an aftermarket one .... The proplem is the aftermarket
    subwoofer is an 10inch and it has deferent specification ...

and the shop say to me that I must change the stock amplifier >>>
    and this costly $$$$

So , I only want a better bass response than the stock ....I want Only to replace the stock SUB .....

What is the specification of non-Bose Amplifier ???
    and the specification of the factory Sub....

I cannt find an 8inch one ,,,, Can I put an 10 inch without any Bad modification ....

What about KenWood , is its SUBs can be handeled by the stock amplifier ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PineyJustice is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville base, 2008 dts

Re: DeVille 04 Base SubWoofer Replacement

Ignore the mounting bracket, a 10 inch aftermarket will drop in and fit like a glove, you will NOT be able to use screws, I just used some e6000 glue in a bead around the outside, it held for a year and when I replaced it for a second time (didn't like the first one I replaced it with) I had a bear of a time getting the glue up. Use e6000, it will seal perfectly and will not come loose or rattle. I highly recommend an Infinity reference series 10 inch subwoofer, they have excellent sensitivity and frequency range + don't break the budget at 60 bucks shipped. A line converter tied to the factory lines with a dummy load resistor coupled with an amp that can push about 200w RMS will make that infinity sub sing like you have never heard before.

LeaderX11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville 2004

I just geting out the really damaged stock SUB , Disconnect the wires which 4 wires ....
    Place the new low quality SUB from KenWood connect the wires .... Reassembly only ...

Now ,,, the new sub works with a low performance it may because the stock amplifier ....
    But for sure better than the stock one it can shake rear glass at maximum volume ....
    But at that level I can here the exploaded Doors Speakers !!!!!

----------

Yeah FYI ,,, The Stock SUB was 10 inch not 8 !!!!

PineyJustice is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville base, 2008 dts

You wanted a sub that had dual 4 ohm voice coils, the stock amp needs a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub and the infinity 1062 is not only very affordable at 60 bucks shipped. The sound quality is superb with the 1062, dual 4 ohm voice coils for proper hookup and it has very high sensitivity which means it can get quite loud with very little power.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.