2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS Complete SOund System Upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS Complete SOund System Upgrade in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Long Time Reader, First Time Poster 2005 Cadillac Deville DTS Bose System With Navigation 6 Cd changer In Glove Box ...
    TimRaye is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS

2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS Complete SOund System Upgrade

Long Time Reader, First Time Poster

2005 Cadillac Deville DTS Bose System With Navigation 6 Cd changer In Glove Box

I'm in the market for a complete upgrade of the audio system in the car, or maybe running the stock HU with new speakers and amps i have been reading about harnesses, iPod interrogation, how some people have electrical or weird problems after a after market head unit install. i need your help in explaining to me what i need for the following to work correct please

1. Retain the chine when doors are open, any security feature, any features that can be affected and most importantly the steering wheel controls?

2. Should i use one of the Bose amps for any of the doors 5 1/4 speakers when i replace them along with a separate amp for just the front or back door ones?

3. if i use components can i run the tweeters off the same wires of the small woofers when connecting them as if they were one speaker instead of 2? (New to components sorry)

4. Can i use my Bose navigation HU, bypass all the amps get new ones with new speakers and if so what do i need to achieve that?
    4.2 - Can i integrate A iPod Classic/iPhone 4 and control it threw the steering wheel still?

5. Is There a Diagram that's correct that i can follow?

6. Sorry for this one but how can i get into the speakers on all 4 doors, how do i remove the panels?

7. The speaker on the dash how can i get in there and whats the size of that speaker?

all the help that i can get can help me thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS Complete SOund System Upgrade

You have the identical post in Deville - Please do NOT double post/thread.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

If you have BOSE w/navigation then you ALREADY HAVE and AUX input (both Audio and Video) just that are not wired from the back of the HU.
    You better think twice before replacing anything in the audio system.
    You would think the volume is controlled by the HU (the thing with the volume knob on it, and with the display showing the volume) well you would be wrong, very wrong, the volume is controlled by the AMP the command is sent on the data line from HU (or DIM - where the steering wheel controls are connected to) to the AMP. Also the AMP is the one selecting between the HU (radio/CD/DVD) and CD changer not the HU as you would .
    You really can't imagine in what you are getting into, it is not even close to what you would think a sound system configuration is like.
    These cars were designed with some modules to be optional (like the CVRSS module, the MSM and so on) but the HU is mandatory.

Analyzer52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Deville DTS

Keep researching changing the radio in this car is no harder than any other radio install, preparation is key. Get the proper adapters and you won't have any problems. The majority on this forum seem to hate after market radios, even though the factory unit is junk in today's world. I will changing my head unit and bypassing the Bose amp which is not very hard at all from what I read. There is only one amp that feeds the four speakers. It is behind the back seat on the passenger side.

----------

Amp bypass if you decide to do that:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...a-70-2023.html

With the modern headunits you don't need the factory amp the head unit can power the speakers.

Harness for your chimes and to keep the security system happy.

YouTube video eve though I wouldn't do a hack job like this but gives you an idea of what's involved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QkM...e_gdata_player

TimRaye is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer52
    Keep researching changing the radio in this car is no harder than any other radio install, preparation is key. Get the proper adapters and you won't have any problems. The majority on this forum seem to hate after market radios, even though the factory unit is junk in today's world. I will changing my head unit and bypassing the Bose amp which is not very hard at all from what I read. There is only one amp that feeds the four speakers. It is behind the back seat on the passenger side.

----------

Amp bypass if you decide to do that:

With the modern headunits you don't need the factory amp the head unit can power the speakers.

Harness for your chimes and to keep the security system happy.

YouTube video eve though I wouldn't do a hack job like this but gives you an idea of what's involved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QkM...e_gdata_player
    Thank you, I have been seeing that if you get all the adapters and harness I should be good, thank you

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Basically the guy in the video removed the 425W amp and the HU and disabled the center speaker and the sub plus the steering wheel controls and the CD changer and wired everything to an aftermarket 250W HU. Somehow that is better. That is the EXACT configuration of the base sound system.
    Also did not mentioned what happened with the data wires (you know you should connect the wires to close the network gap).
    That is the typical bad install, I hate to see how the install the guy was calling bad looks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.