GMOS-06 question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, GMOS-06 question in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I am looking to put in an aftermarket stereo. I see this is the wiring harness to use. I see ...
    jubylives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

GMOS-06 question

I am looking to put in an aftermarket stereo. I see this is the wiring harness to use. I see there are RCA connectors on this harness. What are these for? In my 2002 Deville I have only the one connector in my car and there is no RCA connectors to connect this to. Any help would be appreciated. I have also seen Amazon hasdirt cheap connectors for this car and I thought about using one of those as I do nat at all miss the lack of the chime.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    More likely it's to add a aftermarket amp for subwoofers.

Re: GMOS-06 question

Ah I see. I don't really need that as my new CD player already has that. I picked up this GWH346 thing and I am thinking of trying it. I don't really need the chime and I have been driving for weeks with the stereo unplugged and everything seems fin unplugged. Maybe this will work. Anyone try one of these harnesses?

I've used PAC and peripheral but not the gmos's.

Ive not heard about those. Do you have part numbers? Id be interested in looking into cheaper options if they are indeed cheaper. Did you have to do any rewiring?

I know of this company which I love allot: axxess which makes a gmos-6. That will work with your car. You will not need to do any splicing to factory radio wiring. The gmos can be found here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s-GMOS-06.html

The PAC one can be found here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-OS2-GM32.html

Here is another question. Are these really needed to get a aftermarket deck installed and does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram of the wires coming from the car? I am abit perplexed by the wires.

You need at least one of them. Without one the stereo amp and other car audio will never turn on. Here's the wiring diagram for your car:

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2002-cad...-wiring-guide/

I see. That wiring diagram I have seen before but there are not that many wires there. I have three wires that are bare stranded wire inside a clear rubber tube.

If all the wires on the diagram are able to find on that diagram I wouldn't worry about the others. In my 02 escalade I had extra wires when I used some different method for its wires are complicated. In my 05 however almost all wires were used if I recall. If you use the PAC unit I definitely know you won't be splicing any of the factory wires. You will be pluging in the wires into the unit without splicing. You will be connecting wires from the PAC unit to the hu and you will be instructed how when you get the unit.

So how are the speakers wired exactly? They arent seperately amplified are they or are they powered by the HU?. I am not going to use the stock sub as it it shot anyway and I am going to add a sub later on too.

The speakers should be powered off a amp. You can re reroute them too the hu if you like.

80Biarritz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Eldorado ETC, 1980 Eldorado Biarritz

The RCA's are there because you need to plug them into the Audio Pre Outs on your new Head Unit so the Signal gets to the Factory Bose amp. the other end of the harness is where it plugs into the car. you will Also need an ASWC to make your Steering wheel controls work. if your new head Unit does not have RCA Pre-outs, then you need to get a converter to install between your Head unit wiring harness and the GMOS

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224 View Post
    You need at least one of them. Without one the stereo amp and other car audio will never turn on. Here's the wiring diagram for your car:

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2002-cad...-wiring-guide/
    the op can also try to hook the stock HU up in the trunk or under a seat or in the glove box if it iwill fit or somewher eand run a long plug that will have to be made to the proper size i don't know exactly hwo its done but others have done this

That sounds like more work then needed that's why I don't suggest that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.