Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kadi.boi 
#1 ·
Okay, my first order of business...improve the factory stereo. Has anyone replaced the tweeters in the A-pillars of the newer Devilles (2000+)? I'm basically looking for some info about removing the trim pieces to get at them...I'm assuming you start by removing the door-jamb insulating strip, but if anyone knows any shortcuts I'd be much obliged.

Actually, if anyone has any "gotcha's" I should be aware of in removing any of the trim, or if there's a good resource on the web for the newer Devilles, that would be great. I'm planning on replacing speakers first, so I'll be removing door trim, A-pillar trim, and possibly the package shelf, if I decide to stick with a free-air sub back there. I'm pretty well-versed in car audio installation, but any tips from those that have been there would be great. TIA,

-Mark

#2 ·
www.carstereohelp.com

Should be info about taking it down.... Although, someone with a service manual should be able to help!!

Welcome to the forums!! :wave:

#4 ·
dpower said:
I mounted my focals in the a-pillers, it went pretty easy and sounds very good.

http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=252155&page=2

Has some of the pics of the build out.

David
Great install David! Focal is really nice stuff...must sound great. The system in my Taurus SHO consists of an Alpine 7803 head unit, Soundstream components and amplifiers, and Phoenix Gold wiring...I do all my own work.

I want to keep the factory head unit in the Deville, because I like being able to use the controls on the steering wheel. My plan is to first replace all the stock speakers with Soundstream components. Depending on how that sounds, I'll either stop there or replace the rest of the system.

I noticed your subs are mounted in the rear deck of your SLS...are they free-air, or in a box? In my Deville, there is a factory sub in the rear deck (8"). I'm going to replace that with a pair of Soundstream SS 8.0 Reference Subwoofers, one mounted below the rear deck, the other on top. The SS 8.0's aren't free-air subs, but I figure with two of them together in a clam-shell configuration, they'll sound pretty good...if not, I'll build a box.

-Mark

#5 ·
There is an adaptor that is probably sold in your local stereo shop that lets you use the wheel controls on an aftermarket radio that uses a remote. Basically its a seperate haness that comes from the wheel controls that you would plug into this module and it has a little remote infra red eye. that you would mount in your dome light to control the new radio...

#6 ·
FASSTWOOD said:
There is an adaptor that is probably sold in your local stereo shop that lets you use the wheel controls on an aftermarket radio that uses a remote. Basically its a seperate haness that comes from the wheel controls that you would plug into this module and it has a little remote infra red eye. that you would mount in your dome light to control the new radio...
That's good to know...if I end up replacing the entire system, I will definitely check into this. Thanks,

-Mark

#7 ·
FASSTWOOD said:
hey this is a little late to be replying to this but do you by any chance know what the model or part number is for this? i have a 2000 cadillac deville and am currently replacing the stock system. the head unit is pioneer avhp7500dvd, it this part universal or would i have to say i have the pioneer or alpine, aiwa .....etc. thanks
-C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.