Building my first subwoofer box for my 1998 deville concour 3 10' woofers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Building my first subwoofer box for my 1998 deville concour 3 10' woofers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i need more bass in my car so i decided to add subwoofers found a reasonable deal on craigslist of ...
    CADILLACPIMPIN410 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 deville concour

Building my first subwoofer box for my 1998 deville concour 3 10' woofers

i need more bass in my car so i decided to add subwoofers found a reasonable deal on craigslist of a guy selling 3 10 inch rockford fosgate woofers and 2 kicker amps. not the best in the world but im not going for world class SPL trunk rattling just something that does justice. i looked online and nearly everywhere for a pre-fabbed box but none met the requirements or budget so im building my own currently waiting for the rain to stop (i love baltimore weather)

THE RECOMMENDED SPECS for one woofer is

HEIGHT 12.5
    WIDTH 19.5
    DEPTH 7.75

TOTAL MEASURED ROOM IN TRUNK FOR BOX

HEIGHT 19.5
    WIDTH 39
    DEPTH 39

using 3 woofers based off the recommended specs
    can somebody tell me exactly how high wide and deep my box should be thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

03seville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS

Re: Building my first subwoofer box for my 1998 deville concour 3 10' woofers

Building a enclosure requires a bit more information that that.
    Are you happy with a sealed enclosure or are you possibly looking into a ported design?
    Those numbers are recommended based on factory testing at exact power in an ideal environment.

What subwoofers exactly? will need to know things like Vas, Qts, Fs.
    What is the RMS rating on the subs in comparison to the amp. (if you underpower your subs at all you're going to want to make the enclosure a bit larger to produce the right sound)

You honestly will probably be better off getting one made for you by someone with experience. That way you know you will be satisfied with the quality the first time

Heres an example of the kind of work required to design one box. Its not just sitting down and throwing wood together.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.