Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 2008 CTS - Compatible with iPhone 4?!?!

cczupta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4

2008 CTS - Compatible with iPhone 4?!?!

I recently purchased a 2008 CTS. When I plug my iPhone 4 into the USB port (using my iPhone cable) I am told my iPhone is not compatible. Is this true for the 2008 CTS or do I need to do something prior to using it for the first time. I was really hoping I could control my iPhone, and its music, through my radio and steering wheel controls. Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jagi0966 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4, 3.6L DI, Luxury Collection
    Quote Originally Posted by cczupta
    I recently purchased a 2008 CTS. When I plug my iPhone 4 into the USB port (using my iPhone cable) I am told my iPhone is not compatible. Is this true for the 2008 CTS or do I need to do something prior to using it for the first time. I was really hoping I could control my iPhone, and its music, through my radio and steering wheel controls. Thanks!!
    Have you gotten any info on this? I have the same car and the same phone and the same issue.

Caddy Cope is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD

Re: 2008 CTS - Compatible with iPhone 4?!?!

I'm assuming you probably know by now, but you have to order a $25 cable from GM parts direct for the full iPod integration to work. But it does in fact work. It is part #25908035.

Quote Originally Posted by jagi0966

Have you gotten any info on this? I have the same car and the same phone and the same issue.
    Same issue with my 2011 CTS coupe. Ordered the GM USB iPod cable, cost me $80!! And then after paying and ordering told me he's not sure it will even work... What's up with that? Here in Alberta it's illegal ( distracted driving) to use an iPhone or iPod while driving so I really need this cable to work.

ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    It might depend on what iOS your using. Also there is a difference between not working or not charging. If your iPhone is playing but doesn't charge you need to get this adapter:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...sche-IFWA.html