Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Trouble With XM Receiver? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Purchased an 04 Cadillac Escalade EXT last week and drove the 20 hours back home, which the XM Radio worked ...
- 11-23-11 09:05 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
Trouble With XM Receiver?
Purchased an 04 Cadillac Escalade EXT last week and drove the 20 hours back home, which the XM Radio worked fine 90% of the time. However, during the last two days while in Sioux Center, IA, I receive a "No XM Signal" on all stations.
I did already:
- Call into Tech Support
- Renewed Subscription
- Refreshed the Signal
- Checked the antenna connection on the receiver
- Disconnect battery for an hour
- Left the vehicle on for 2 hours in an open parking lot after a refresh
In the end, tech support said something is wrong with the receiver and I should take it to a dealer. Reading the forums on this topic, I have mixed feelings that the dealer would be able to do anything.
Looking for other things to try and check out. What are my options here and what's the best route to take? Take to a dealer, buy a new antenna, buy an unlocked VIN receiver, etc.?
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Metric Hex Bits Set
Metric Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Metric; Metric Hex Bits; Contains: 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Hex Bits Set
SAE Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; SAE Hex Bits; Contains: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8"
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set