Speaker Size Fitment ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Speaker Size Fitment ? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ok so i know that if you check on most websites they say 6.5 is the size for the door ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Speaker Size Fitment ?

Ok so i know that if you check on most websites they say 6.5 is the size for the door speakers in our Seville's 98-04

i read somewhere that the rear doors are not the same size as the fronts
    then i saw a picture where the front's where more then 6.5 even though all the size charts say 6.5

i just picked up a 6.5 or 6 1/2 how ever you want to call it
    set of Pioneer A Serries 4way's 350W for the rear door's im going to amp them out instead of running them on the back of the HU since im planning on swapping the rest of the speakers at some point in the next few months also

but right now main thing is to get ride of the crappy blow rear door speakers

are a 6.5 or 6 1/2 speakers going to fit in the rear door's or am i going to have to make a bracket

i think CurtC posted something about having to have a bracket made for his speakers to fit
    but not sure if those where front doors or rear door's

other thing im thinking about is just disconnecting the rear door speaker's and taking the 6.5 back and getting some 5way 6x9s and having them thrown on the rear deck but i think that might impeed with the little performance i have form the stock sub

so wondering if they pioneer 6.5 will fit in the rear door's without having to make any modifications

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Re: Speaker Size Fitment ?

My '02 SLS has 6.5 speakers in all four doors.

Don

I know when ever i buy speakers i usualy go by Crutchfield or Best Buy's fitment guide but its a little bit messed up when i try to find the size for the seville

usualy Crutch and Best buy are dead on with there size fitments but
    best buy is saying a 6x9 will fit when i know darn well that wont

then they have some 6.5 in 3 way pioneer they say fits and the ones in the 4way 6.5 says it does not fit

then all of the ones on Crutchfield say fits with bracket or Modified fit witch i have never had problems with other cars

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

I kind of remember using the factory mounts for the speakers. It was several years ago though. I removed the factory speakers from their mounts and put the new ones in and mounted them in the doors. I did not have the Bose system to worry about. Now if you have Bose I seem to remember someone saying that the speakers are like 5.25 inches or something. Unless you are going to bypass the factory amp you will need to keep the ohm rating the same as stock. That would be 2 ohms. Four ohm speakers will not be sufficient if running through the factory amp. Bose is another story altogether.

Don

no the new speakers will not go threw the factory amp
    i am going to ampe the rear door speakers on there own
    that way when it comes time to change the front speakers also i can just runt hem off the Amp and then make some more room behind the radio and in the dash for other things and get ride of the big PAC harness that damm thing takes up so much freaking room lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.