What does the TV button do on a Deville Nav 2004
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, What does the TV button do on a Deville Nav 2004 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 2000 Seville STS and will be installing a NAV unit from a 2004 Deville.....I have a guy ...
    malibuandryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville Concours and 2000 STS both with NP studs

What does the TV button do on a Deville Nav 2004

I have a 2000 Seville STS and will be installing a NAV unit from a 2004 Deville.....I have a guy making the custom harness for this NAV....but I'm trying to figure out what the TV button is...Most of them say DVD?

Update: The part number 25755259 is the European model....That explains the TV button..and also the extra COAX port in the back....So now I'm trying to figure out if this will still work in US 2002-2004 Seville, Deville, etc....If it does then my custom harness will work.....Any ideas?

Ryan

2000 Seville STS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Re: What does the TV button do on a Deville Nav 2004

Im not very sure if it will or not it may
    you know i have never seen a map disc for Europe before and wondering if GM even ever made them or just put that in there as a tv option

I would wonder if it has the same software or firmware if it will take the same software

if you do decide to go and try it out and if it does not have a disc in it at the time then i have 8.0 discs for sale on ebay right now just throwing that plug out there

also make sure that when the dealer goes to plug in the tech 2 to unlock it they might have to know it was a European model also perhaps

i have only ever seen one for sale in the US before and it was on ebay about a year ago i think for 600 dollars

Where would I find an antenna for the 02-05 Nav units? I looked on EBAY and can't figure out what I need.....I can order the antenna from gmpartsdirect but it looks like the antenna sits in the rear of the car and travels through an additional $49 harness....Any input would be helpful

Thanks again Ryan

2000 Seville STS

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

you just need an antenna like search Kenwood Navigation Antenna they seem to work the best
    but look for the square connector

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-Navi...item588fa77891

Turns out that this European model NAV is compatible with my 2000 STS...But I have one problem..I can't play certain DVDs because of the region code....Evidently the US is a region code 1 and this Nav only reads region code 2 DVD's....This really stinks....So far I have found one DVD that works.
    Got an antenna coming in the mail and will see if my NAV works..The US DVD map loads in just fine..Surprisingly the NAV unit did not Theftlock.

Does anyone know how to get to the Diagnostics...I figured out how to override a DVD using the 1791 or 1719 code, but can't get to diagnostics...I have a feeling I will be selling this NAV due to the region code issue..Unless someone has a way of upgrading the Firmware to accept US based DVDs

Ryan

I need the software disk 19115256 Ver. 3.10 5 firmware...I'm thinking about trying the US version

Well I successfully completed my navigation install for my 2000 Seville. Jason ended up making the custom harness with the aux inputs. I figured out that the European Nav is compatible but could not play US based DVD due to the region code. So I found a US nav unit that had some hardware problems....Swapped out parts from my other nav unit and everything is functioning perfect! I finally found someone to email me the firmware. Here is something interesting...I installed the correct CD changer (due to the data issues) and XM tuner.....Bought the TERK tuner and smart adapter off of ebay....Everything was brand new....So far I am getting free service from XM/Sirus. All but a few channels are working. The sound is crystal clear. I just wonder how long this will stay? Thanks for all the help!

Ryan
    2000 Seville STS

eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

wait!?!? How did you get the xm tuner working with the nav?

DanHDman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

European nav inits have no onstar so if you are planning on using it or Costar you will be outta luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.