Extension cable to move cd changer from Center stack to another location
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Extension cable to move cd changer from Center stack to another location in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; are there any extension cables or cords i can get without having to wire and figure out what pin goes ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Extension cable to move cd changer from Center stack to another location

are there any extension cables or cords i can get without having to wire and figure out what pin goes where ?
    i just ordered a isimple unit the ISGM73 ipod-iphone integration but i don't want to loose my storage bins all 3 of them in the center stack

so i want to mount the unit somewhere els but i would need to have a cord and plug that is an extension to run it somewhere els since the cd changer plug and cord is all routed into that one big harness line and tapped together

i don't want to go opening that up and messing anything els up

so anything i can do to rout it to the Glove Box or under the dash ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

Re: Extension cable to move cd changer from Center stack to another location

I thought that unit didnt work with your nav? well anyways the one I had gotten came with an extremely long cable, so i ran it to my glove box no problem and mounted the module underneath the radio itself in the dash

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado_97 View Post
    I thought that unit didnt work with your nav? well anyways the one I had gotten came with an extremely long cable, so i ran it to my glove box no problem and mounted the module underneath the radio itself in the dash
    I spoke with Isimple i called them talked to there tech support they said the ISGM73 will replace the CD changer so basically the only wya it will work with the factory nav they told me i could not hard wire it in behind the deck it had to be plugged into the CD Changer they said who ever said it won't work doesn't know what they are doing
    they said i have any problems call them and they will help out might be a jumper issue on the mo dual

But with the CD changer plug all warped up in that main harness that runs aground the floor under the console and all i don't want to put it there i wan tto put the Modual int he GLove box but i don't know how i would get a cable that would run i guess i need to get the Connectors and pin a cable myself that will let me route the cd changer or isimple unit to the glove box

Well I hope it works for you but the Navigation uses the class 2 data to control the cd changer and the isimple only reads the old anaolg signals i thought.. but I dont know if it works thats great please update me on that, but I still dont believe it will work.

Oh and now that i think of it there is an adaptor cable that runs from the stock harness to the isimple module, you could just cut and extend those wires if thats an option that would be a piece of cake then.

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado_97 View Post
    Oh and now that i think of it there is an adaptor cable that runs from the stock harness to the isimple module, you could just cut and extend those wires if thats an option that would be a piece of cake then.
    Im not sure im understanding what your saying

The ISGM73 does not plug directly into the cd changer plug it has an adapter that it comes with, if you just extend that adapter then you will be fine

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.