?? Best Radar Detector ??? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, ?? Best Radar Detector ??? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by cruiser68 Never thought I would ever see those 3 words together My students occasionally call me over ...
    Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: ?? Best Radar Detector ???

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser68 View Post
    Never thought I would ever see those 3 words together
    My students occasionally call me over dramatic...and I do tend to exaggerate...occasionally.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by rgp6373 View Post
    Passport ci with laser shifter , works great plus because it is installed looks way cleaner than a detector stuck on your windshield . Yes the laser shifters work, i have tested it with a friend of mine who is a cop . you just bought a $60000 car buy the detector that matches . i will try to post a pic of my install later
    Which of the recommended installers did yours? Any issues with the installation?

Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

The Beltronics STi-R Plus is the undisputed king of RDs, and many feel it is the best RD ever made. Check out http://www.radardetectorforum.org

As for laser jammers, the Laser Intereceptor brand has been proven time and time again to be the best on the market.

I'm not just saying that because I own both...I could have bought whatever make / model I wanted, and after months of research, there was no doubt.

Here's a vid from a recent road trip of an encounter with constant on Ka band (Sti-R +) and a laser trap at the same time (Laser Interceptor). The cop wasn't too bright....picked a decent spot in the middle of nowhere, where a divided highway speed was reduced from 110 km/h to 80 km/h for a distance of 37 kms. As this was a Sunday and there were no crews working, obviously people would be inclined to ignore the speed reduction. Bozo cop parks his cruiser and pulls out the Lidar gun, but leaves his radar on! As you can see, I picked the radar up a long way in advance and was only doing about 5 over when he hit me with the laser (the siren sound you hear near the end). I quickly made sure to slow down to the PSL and then turned off the jammer (always practice responsible jamming kiddies!).

Pardon the lame music....XM 80's on 8...

NROTIK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    A badge!!!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

"undisputed king of RD"

lulz...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    "undisputed king of RD"

lulz...
    Huh? You know otherwise? Please...do tell....the numerous forums I visit re. RDs all seem to say the same thing, so I'm dying to learn what you know that all the experts don't.

lulz

http://www.radardetector.org/reviews...tector-review/

Now for you Road Warriors who need the best radar detection and laser protection money can buy.

We have chosen the Beltronics STi R Plus to be our radar detector of choice in our Mercedes C300 Sports Sedan.

Why you may ask?

Well we choose the Bel STi R Plus as it is the very best remote mounted radar detection system on the market today, and combined it with the Laser Interceptor laser jamming system, which is my #1, pick for lidar protection....
    Oh I see...you're a V1 zombie...makes perfect sense now...

Quote Originally Posted by NROTIK View Post
    A badge!!!
    Problem NROTIK? OP asked a legitimate question as to what is the best radar detector. I responded, posting my opinion, as unlike others around here, this is something I know about. Should I not be able to respond and actually provide some real-world proof, trying to help others out...or would it be better for me to hide behind the anonymity of the internet and try to be an amusing e-comedian, thus detracting from the OP's thread? Got something useful to say, then speak up...if not, well you know the rest.....

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    Huh? You know otherwise? Please...do tell....the numerous forums I visit re. RDs all seem to say the same thing, so I'm dying to learn what you know that all the experts don't.

lulz

http://www.radardetector.org/reviews...tector-review/

Oh I see...you're a V1 zombie...makes perfect sense now...
    hahaha

I'd like to know how I'm a zombie. I bought a V1 in '94, when it was THE UNDISPUTED KING of detectors. It sent the detector market reeling. Since then, I've seen it at the top and, once in awhile, fighting for the top. No matter the test, it's measurables are tops or close to it, so much of what makes one detector or another chosen as favorite is subjective.

I drive 70,000 miles per year for work and tack on another 15-20,000 on my personal cars. I've got about 1,000,000 miles with a V1, chump. I used to say I've been saved dozens, then hundreds of times. Now, it's probably quite a few hundred times. Combined with a good knowledge of LEO locations and tactics, I've been subjected to 2 laser tickets. Both fought and won. So you can take your ignorant zombie comment and stick em up your tailpipe.

BTW, I love the zombie comment when you're just a "independent" website shill. Why don't you show me a site that doesn't make money off selling detectors? And since V1s are only sold through their company or second-hand, those "independent" sites will always operate with a conflict of interest.

Radar Roy. Cute name. Type Valentine 1 into the search and what do you get? BTW, how does he make money?

If you support my quest as being an independent reviewer of the radar detector industry and wish to support me in my journey, please do me one favor, consider purchasing it at Radarbusters.com. As an affiliate and I earn a commission from them if you do make a purchase from them utilizing the links within this website that offsets my costs and time and supports my cause.

Again, they can't sell Valentine 1 detectors at radarbusters.com. So again, conflict of interest.

To anyone else trying to wade through this muck left behind, know that the V1 always rates highly and if it's not getting top marks on the measurables, it's always damn close. And the arrows and bogey counters are also very useful. V1 all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    hahaha

I'd like to know how I'm a zombie. I bought a V1 in '94, when it was THE UNDISPUTED KING of detectors. It sent the detector market reeling. Since then, I've seen it at the top and, once in awhile, fighting for the top. No matter the test, it's measurables are tops or close to it, so much of what makes one detector or another chosen as favorite is subjective.

I drive 70,000 miles per year for work and tack on another 15-20,000 on my personal cars. I've got about 1,000,000 miles with a V1, chump. I used to say I've been saved dozens, then hundreds of times. Now, it's probably quite a few hundred times. Combined with a good knowledge of LEO locations and tactics, I've been subjected to 2 laser tickets. Both fought and won. So you can take your ignorant zombie comment and stick em up your tailpipe.

BTW, I love the zombie comment when you're just a "independent" website shill. Why don't you show me a site that doesn't make money off selling detectors? And since V1s are only sold through their company or second-hand, those "independent" sites will always operate with a conflict of interest.

Radar Roy. Cute name. Type Valentine 1 into the search and what do you get? BTW, how does he make money?

If you support my quest as being an independent reviewer of the radar detector industry and wish to support me in my journey, please do me one favor, consider purchasing it at Radarbusters.com. As an affiliate and I earn a commission from them if you do make a purchase from them utilizing the links within this website that offsets my costs and time and supports my cause.

Again, they can't sell Valentine 1 detectors at radarbusters.com. So again, conflict of interest.

To anyone else trying to wade through this muck left behind, know that the V1 always rates highly and if it's not getting top marks on the measurables, it's always damn close. And the arrows and bogey counters are also very useful. V1 all the way.
    tsk tsk...obviously by the tone of your response (and recognizing that you're the local e-mouthpiece who has a comment on everything) you took V1 zombie to be a negative...hahaha...I think a little more research might do you good.

Sure RadarRoy sell Beltronics. So what? That was just one example. Look around some of the other resources available out there, he is not alone in his opinion and neither are several independent and very experienced users / testers who do more than stick a unit to a windshield and drive billions of miles. Cute name? Ummm...okay(?) Not sure what that has to do with me? You might want to check his credentials though...

Show you another site that doesn't sell Beltronics? Hmmm, let's see.....here's one:

http://veilguy.blogspot.com/2011/08/...w-part-ii.html

The Beltronics STi-R Plus remote radar detector is by far the greatest radar detector of all time. If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford one, by all means, acquire one and marvel at its performance, as there is nothing else (remotely) like it on the planet. It is as close to perfection as anything I have ever driven with. Currently, the Beltronics STiR Plus has no equal and sits at the top of the radar detector food-chain.
    There you go. He also has videos to prove it.

I never said there was anything wrong with your V1. Sensitive much? As well, while I don't have the data to prove it, but I'm sure that 17 years ago the V1 could have been the undisputed king of RDs. But I'm also sure you can actually prove that, because surely you wouldn't come on here and state something you couldn't prove. As the saying goes, put up or shut up!

In case you haven't noticed, things have changed quite a bit since 1994 "chump". Arrows....wow! Bogey counter....double wow!! How many times have I seen that lame argument used? How original.

While your doing some research, perhaps look up the word "shill" as well...'cuz you missed the mark there too.

To anyone who is looking for real advice, do yourselves a favor and do some thorough research. There are several independent forums that will give you all the information you need to make the right decision for you. I have no loyalty to any brand. I don't sell 'em, and I don't run a website. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what you buy. thebigjimmouth loves V1s, and has had good luck with them, so for him that's all he needs. I have had good luck with a different product. Do your own research; or not and simply buy a V1 'cuz the bigjimsho says so and will berate you if you don't. Arrows and bogey counter...really...that's it?...ok...

I'm not here to bash the V1. It has its strengths. But do yourself a favour and do your own research before you buy.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

I concur. I have never had to use a detector, but everyone I know swears by the V1. Personally, I have never been stopped by a police officer in a situation that a radar detector would have helped me prevent, so I see them as entirely useless and would not bother getting one, but if this is not the case with you, I would go with the V1. When I am on the interstate, I think the best solution is a CB Radio. Nine times out of ten you can pinpoint the exact location of every state trooper within twenty miles.

It is fun however top use radar emitters from your car whenever a you are passing a riced out Toyota, because they always slow down immediately when they detector blips on, even if they are only doing 45. This works with particular success in West Palm Beach and Miami.

Most of the work-related driving I do is on rural route 474, which has probably never had a single officer on it, since it was first paved. Every car on that road has a CB Radio (Pirate capital of Florida) there are truckers everywhere and most people have stationary mounts in their houses (Even a few people with lookout towers) so I've never bothered with jammers or detectors and while I will not advocate it, as it is entirely illegal, tail-light cutoff switches have proven to be very successful means of avoiding just about anyone, not just the authorities.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

best one hands down is called Yous your Brain don't speed then you won't do anything to need to worry about cops
    don't drink and drive and you won't need a radar detector to tell you when a cop is around to get yoru game back on
    don''t drive stupid and you won't need one period

just my .02 cnets
    in 16 years have never used one and never needed one and never will

Ha haa! I've run across you guys who proudly proclaim that you don't use radar detectors. It's either stupidity or luck, but luck can and will run out. As long as you always stay within 2 or 3 mph from the speed limit, you may be safe, but if you screw up, the price of one ticket could be close to the cost of a premier detector. How can you be so smug with a car that is so sneaky quick as the "V," particularly when ticket fines are now for improving the bottom line and have nothing to do with safety?

Jud
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

iv just never needed a Radar Dector and never plan on needing one
    and all my real life in real life friends that have them tell me they never helped them they still got tikets they never worked properly and well hey i don't need one

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    iv just never needed a Radar Dector and never plan on needing one
    and all my real life in real life friends that have them tell me they never helped them they still got tikets they never worked properly and well hey i don't need one
    Ha haa! Good luck and maybe reality will never visit you like the rest of us mere mortals.

Keep in mind Jud that we are on a Cadillac forum, and this isn't in the V section, so many of these folks are from an entirely different demographic from, let's say, the "enthusiast" demographic we are used to. Obviously many are content to chug along at the posted speed limit, and that's fine, just as long as they keep outta the left lane so I can put my countermeasures (and my 556 HP engine) to good use!

254.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.