Removing Bose System - 99 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Removing Bose System - 99 STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; One by one, my speakers have started to fail (including the amp). I already plan on installing a Pioneer double ...
    dvo816 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 STS (Z-Rated & studded)

Removing Bose System - 99 STS

One by one, my speakers have started to fail (including the amp). I already plan on installing a Pioneer double DIN touchscreen with the GMOS-06.
    But my question is: Can I just remove all the Bose speakers and the amplifier, then install new speakers, amp, and wiring? Or is there more involved?
    I know aftermarket installs can be nightmares, but I can't justify spending over $600 on speakers that will likely fail in less than a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 129k

Re: Removing Bose System - 99 STS

I had my Bose ripped out by a shop, don't know exactly how they did it but I know new wiring was ran throughout the car. (I'd ask but Ultimate Electronics went out of business this year) Looked like they tapped into the module behind the seat as that is where the wires ran to from the speakers. A module was also installed to keep the chimes in the car working and they asked if I wanted to do the same for the steering wheel controls but I declined as the new HU came with a remote.

I replaced the Bose with Infinity Kappa component speakers all the way around, never got around to installing a 4ch amp for those though, the 50w/channel HU was good enough. I then installed a 12" JL W6 in the trunk with a 900w RMS Orion mono amp. The system sounded 10x better than that paper Bose crap, but I did spend about $400 on installation just for the HU, another $200 for all the speakers. I did the subwoofer myself.

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

Re: Removing Bose System - 99 STS

in this case save yourself some money. pull your HU out run a rca to your four channel amp and from your trunk where your amp is urn the new wires to to your factory speaker locations i did it and notice no problems. i still have my factory wiring there in the factory locations i just taped them and tucked them under. as for the sub it pretty simple message it you need further help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.