Cadillac Owners Forum banner

99 Seville aftermarket issues

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  jcresciSTS 
#1 ·
I got a Kenwood KDC-X592 head unit along with 2 12" JL W3's and a JL 500/1 (still running dash tweets, 3.5 center dash & rear door 6x9s, stock Bose) installed last year in the car. It's been up til a couple months ago where the head unit would turn off (then back on by itself) when up to 28/35. Finally the other day it turned off and wouldn't turn back on. Brought it back to the shop it was installed at yesterday and they figured thought my deck was bad since another deck powered up fine but then when the volume on that deck went past 20 it sounded terrible. So they figured my stock amp is going bad too.

After cleaning up the wiring a bit my H/U turned back on and it to play perfect, after a while of testing at high volume, turn down, back up, etc, the H/U turned off twice. They were stumped but it was the end of the day so I took the car and it played fine all night except for turning off 1 time. Now today I played it for 10 min and it cut off completely again. Won't turn back on. They are backed up til Monday of next week so til then I have no radio and on that day they are going to try and tinker to see what it could be. The manager still suspects the factory amp for the radio?

Any suggestions on what it could be?

#4 ·
That's what I'm thinking but they also tested out one of their Pioneers before mine turned back on and it powered up right away but the speakers were cutting out.

On Wednesday my deck came on by itself, then turned off when I put a CD in, then starting going on/off repeatedly (right before it made it to the main screen it would reset itself). Then all of sudden after like 30 times it played a cd but only on 18/35 volume, bass had no effect on it, then it cut off since then.

#8 ·
Took it in yesterday and within an hour they figured out it was the wiring harness that came with the deck, the two purple wires were looking a bit melted at the black connector and also the actual black connector was a bit messed up which they believe effected the black power wire.

All good now other than sometimes when up to 29+ volume the sound will start to cut out a bit if its a constant bass line hitting, turn it down to 28 and its fine....i chalk that up to the head unit stock amp, did that when in my caprice.

#10 ·
keep in mind if you like listening to your music that loud the HU are designed to put out 50 watts a channel and the HU WILL GET HOT QUICK AND CUT OFF. so the solution is if you have more than one set of preouts on your receiver get a additional 4 channel amp for your interior speakers and give your radio a break. it will serve your HU one purpose to push the singals out to the amps, let the amps do the dirty work they have cpu fans lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.