XM RADIO in my 2002 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, XM RADIO in my 2002 DTS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I cannot find any info on this anywhere in the manuals. car has nav system and the 6-disk changer in ...
    SanDiegoPaul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Concours, 2002 DTS

XM RADIO in my 2002 DTS

I cannot find any info on this anywhere in the manuals. car has nav system and the 6-disk changer in glovebox. Overhead by the garage door opener is an Alpine-brand device that displays "XM RADIO PREVIEW"...with a knob to change the genre of music from classical to country, rock, etc. Yet just above the green backlit LCD screen, this device says it is a cd-changer controller. So which is it, a satellite radio or a disc changer?

We are desperate to get tunes in this nice ride because the FM/AM reception is sooo bad. You can listen to the radio with key in ACC position, but the minute you start the Northstar up, the radio fades into static and extreme poor reception.

no where in the radio do I see a place to switch to XM. The choices are am, fm, and wx none of which work worth a damn. The factory CD Changer does however, work fine.

ANY help with this other device will be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mabledeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 base deville

Re: XM RADIO in my 2002 DTS

Whats the model of the alpine unit? its probably an fm modulator that plays through the fm radio. try tuning the radio to a lower static station such as 88.1 and with the unit on scroll up through the stations. if it fm modulated you should hear music once you find the correct station. also try powering the unit off ( possibly by holding in the round know ) and see if your reception gets better, if it does its more than likely because of the modulator, it most times needs to be off for the radio to get good reception/

thanks we'll check it out tomorrow and let ya know

You're correct. The alpine device works at 88.3 and Carries more types of tunes than I imagined. And yes, the FM reception in the factory radio is much better with this turned off! Thank you for the help.

mabledeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 base deville

that's great! glad I could pay it forward and help someone else on the forums for once, rather than looking for help enjoy the new tunes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.