XBox 360 Installation in my Limo - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, XBox 360 Installation in my Limo in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So I got the TV installed today. It's a Haier LED-lit LCD. It's a 12V TV, but I used a ...
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Re: XBox 360 Installation in my Limo

So I got the TV installed today. It's a Haier LED-lit LCD. It's a 12V TV, but I used a power inverter anyway. I asked the kind people at Haier whether the TV would be okay with the 14.4-14.6V that the car's alternator puts out, but they didn't reply. So I'm converting 12V to 110V to 12V. Seems inefficient, but at least the TV has the voltage it's supposed to have.

The TV is much better than the flip-down TV I had in the '96 and it's a true 16:9 TV. The flip-down was some odd dimension that despite being a "24-inch" TV was smaller than this 22" HDTV. And, because it's LED-lit, it only uses 48 watts of power. I have it powered by a small inverter I used to power my laptop. I need to get a bigger one for the Xbox anyway, so this is a temporary arrangement. And, since this is a "regular" TV (versus a 12-volt, car TV) it has a tuner in it. I can get an antenna and get TV broadcasts. It also has an HDMI input for the Xbox. The cheap flip-downs don't have it. So overall, I'm really happy with it.

The coolest part of the whole thing is the JVC head unit. It puts out the iPOD song info to the video out jack. The Pioneers don't do that. As a result, you can search and play music using the "big" screen.

Stingroo and Stingroo like this.

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

That is cool as crap!

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    That is cool as crap!
    Thanks. It was a pleasant surprise. I did not expect to see anything on the TV when I was playing music.

I also rounded things out with 5 1/4" kickers in the partition. There was no sound in the front at all - it was all just in the rear speakers. Adding the second set of speakers, even if they were fairly inexpensive, really rounded things out. I got a Boston Audio (ironically made in China) amp to power them. It's only 50x2 RMS, but it fills things in nicely.

The trim on the drivers-compartment of the partition doesn't fit perfectly - it hits the back of those speakers, but I'm going to correct that this week. I have to grind out about 1/4" of material from the 3/4" plywood panels to make them fit.

Back on topic, I'll be installing an inverter this week for the Xbox. I'm powering the TV with a small inverter now. I'll plug everything into the big inverter once it's all done.

With all this AV work, the kids still bug me about one thing: Underbody lights. The old limo had underbody lights and that's all they can talk about. It's on the to-do list.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.