drivers door speaker removal seville sts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, drivers door speaker removal seville sts in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello, I couldn't find answer to my question so here it is: I have 1999 Seville sts, driver's door speaker ...
    lewandowski_jacek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 sts

drivers door speaker removal seville sts

Hello,
    I couldn't find answer to my question so here it is: I have 1999 Seville sts, driver's door speaker started to buzz after loud music. I want to remove it and replace or check if there is anything else that could be done to fix it. Anyway can I remove just the metal grill that covers the speaker to gain access (if yes - how?) or should I remove the whole door panel?
    Thanks for the answer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: drivers door speaker removal seville sts

the cleanest safest way IMO would be to remove the whole door panel. if its buzzing it may not be the speaker itself that has gone bad, it may be the amp. is it a bose system?

lewandowski_jacek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 sts

yes, it's stock bose. Recently I had leaking sunroof, so i had a lot of water inside, I recon it could damage the speaker.

xxbazzxx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sts 99

here it is hope it will help you !
    Attached Images

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

On '98-Early '00 Sevilles with the Bose system, the front speakers had a problem with the voice coils becoming misaligned and creating distortion. General Motors got resigned speakers for the cars in May of 2000. So when you replace the speaker make sure you use the redesigned speakers. The part number is 25717924.

I realize that the OP hasn't replied in months, but hopefully that will be helpful to someone in the future.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.