Two 12's In A 2003 Cadillac DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Two 12's In A 2003 Cadillac DTS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So basically heres the deal I Own a 2003 cadillac DTS and i wanna throw two 12's in it. I ...
    Trivium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac DTS V8 4.6L

Two 12's In A 2003 Cadillac DTS

So basically heres the deal I Own a 2003 cadillac DTS and i wanna throw two 12's in it.

I Do have Bose's So it does have the 300w amp to power the 8 inch sub woofer.

how would i take the signal from the 300w amp and connect it to my 1800w. and wire the subs n Power , Ground ect.

Can anyone help me

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: Two 12's In A 2003 Cadillac DTS

battery is under the backseat, I wired my amps power and ground directly to that (fused of course.)

my amp had a "speaker level" input harness that i wired to the sub in the rear deck and connected to the amp. This takes the place of the rca cable

T-Millz312 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 3.2L CTS Luxury Sport Package

do you want the 8" sub to operate in addition to the 12s? or in place of it?

Trivium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac DTS V8 4.6L

no i just want to run the two 12's

T-Millz312 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 3.2L CTS Luxury Sport Package
    Either way you'd have to get a different amp. something with more power for the 12s depending on their rms. I'd run power all the way from the battery under the hood not the one under the backseat. That way all 3 subs will run and give you a better range of highs from the stock Bose sub... I have heard of some people replacing the Bose sub with a 10" sub, but thatd require more custom work and you'd need a freeair sub due to the fact that it's not in a box.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

there is no battery under the hood, only under the seat

baller95 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 Escalade ESV Platinum

@OffThaHorseCEO you're right there is only one battery under the seat, and you should keep the factory sub disabled because the air pressure from the 2 12's will mess up the way the 8 moves and will make everything sound like crap. I had 2 12's with the factory and it was ok, then i removed the factory and it was even better! I now have 2 10's and they bang a lot more then my 2 12's ! And did you hook up the factory sub wire (from factory amp to sub) to your amp speaker level input?

Here are my 2 12's -

^ I now have 2 10's and these 12's have been put in my van, LOL yes my van!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.