Passkey Bypass
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Passkey Bypass in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ok I'm about THIS close to taking a baseball bat to my car. I'm not kidding. I can have a ...
    Roswell256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Exclamation Passkey Bypass

Ok I'm about THIS close to taking a baseball bat to my car. I'm not kidding. I can have a hot temper at times, and tend to take it out on inanimate objects. Unless someone can help me I'm selling that 4000lb. Burgandy FLOATER :madtalkin and buying a BUICK!!!!

I measured my key to be 1867 ohm. If I remember right resisters add together when put in series. So does that mean that I have to get a 1.5k ohm and a 330ohm and a 33ohm? adds to 1863 but should be close enough for the fault tolerances. Then put them in series and splice it into the two wires that go to the ignition?

Or would it be easier to get a varistor and just use a multimeter to set it to the correct value. Then glue it or something to stay put.

I DESPERATLY NEED HELP!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
    PLEASE E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY at fritschrj@gmail.com if you can. I REALLY NEED THIS.

I can't afford a key or an ignition.

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH.

-Robert-

P.S. Those little brown carbon resistors from Radio Shack should work fine right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Passkey Bypass

I think I've found the information that I need. I'll try it and find out. sorry to have bothered anyone or to have ranted for no reason.

I needed to get it out

Thanx
    -Robert-

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

let us know if you got it... Oh, and Buicks have Passkey too.

Now that I think of it. You're right. I think my parents 92 or 94 Le Sabre has it.

FASSTWOOD is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

My car is bypassed with a resistor and every once in a while it acts up. I have to massage the wire where the resstor is and it goes away. I guess I shoulreally look at it before I get stuck somewhere

I just rigged mine up last night and it works great. but I just have tape holding the wires together. This weekend when I get a chance I'll solder them together then electrical tape everything up nice and pretty.

Time from puting the part together to starting the car was about and hour. and that was just becasue I spend 20-30 minutes reading everything I could in the Service Manual and debating if it was the correct wire.

Thanks for everyones help. I appreciate it.
    -Robert-

O.K. This isn't right. I got up this morning. Got in the car. Started the car. And looked down

Whad did I see? The bypass module that I had built lying on the floor. I reached down and touched the two wires and they were just hanging free. But the car started fine and has flawlessly ever since.

Am I loosing my mind or would it have just been easier to just cut the wire and let it hang?

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? bbob?

Thanks
    -Robert-

Rob Benham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 FWB

oo-er, 'bit Roswellish that!

LOL Tell me about it. Has me stumped but it works. I can't complain.

The only thing bothereing me right now is that back tire that is locked up.

bwgerho is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Eldorado Touring Coupe

Had the same problem on a 2000 ETC. First, a method that started the car WITH THE FAULT!
    Turn on ignition, try to start - receive failure message.
    Leave key on, place gear shift selector in N - remember to keep foot on break
    Try to start - receive same message
    Turn key off and try again - mine started every time on the second try from N with this procedure.

I suspect it is a programmed override but not published.

Now for the fix of adding a resistor: that worked too.
    The wires on a 2000 ETC were as stated in other internet articles - there are two wires inside a bright orange sheath that comes down the steering column from the ignition key switch. Some sites said these wires inside the sheath are color coded BUT not on my 2000 - the wires inside the sheath are covered with white insulation.
    Cut the Orange sheath and the two wires. tape off the end leading to the ignition switch, strip the white wires from the other side of the cut. Install the resistor matching your key resistance between these two wires, solder the connection with resin core solder, cover bare wires and joints with heat shrink tubing or several layers of tape.
    The car should start with the key; no error messages.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.