Wiring Diagram (s)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Wiring Diagram (s) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello, I'm turning my Conquest into part Cadillac with the Bose stereo out of a 1995-6 STS. I'm not using ...
    DCjoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Wiring Diagram (s) (Revised)

Hello, I'm turning my Conquest into part Cadillac with the Bose stereo out of a 1995-6 STS. I'm not using the power antenna but I'm curious on which wire(s) is/are the antenna signal wire(s). I've searched around here and found some info but I could use complete specifics. Can anyone lead me to diagrams with color codes for the ins and outs for the Bose amp as well as for the 2 connectors off the AC Delco stereo? Thank you very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DCjoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Wiring Diagram (s) (Revised)

I figured out most of the above and I'm trying to appeal to someone here with the knowledge to share to make it all work. I reteived the entire stereo system, wiring harness and all, from a junked 95 STS. There is a purple/white wire off the 7 pin radio connector which turns into a red wire radio side which I'm confused about. Is that data line? If so I could really use your help in how to fire this up via a code reset. Any information or assistance in pointing me in the right direction would be certianly appreciated.

Warspite is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1962 coupe (selling), 1995 Seville SLS, 1966 Sedan DeVille

Re: Wiring Diagram (s)

I just pulled my inop '95 Bose head unit, and I believe the purple/white wire is for lamp dimming control. The factory service manual has very little info on the inner workings of the Bose units (option U1G). I'm attempting aftermarket conversion with a Metra 70-1857 harness, which correctly operates the power antenna - but no sound yet out of the Bose amp/speaker combos. That particular system, although 16 years old, had great sound, until the head unit quit.

There are 2 connectors that come off the head unit, but a lot of the pins are not used.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Warspite is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1962 coupe (selling), 1995 Seville SLS, 1966 Sedan DeVille

Re: Wiring Diagram (s) (Revised)

BTW, it's the 3rd pin.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.