2000 Deville Aftermarket HU. NEED HELP please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2000 Deville Aftermarket HU. NEED HELP please in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My friend just got a 2000 Deville and he wanted me to put in an aftermarket HU for him. No ...
    nicnic100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

2000 Deville Aftermarket HU. NEED HELP please

My friend just got a 2000 Deville and he wanted me to put in an aftermarket HU for him. No problem because I've done this on about three other cars before. He wanted me to do it that night as I had the HU already so I figured I would just pull the stock HU pull the wires from the pins, strip them and put bullet connectors on it so I could connect it straight up to my aftermarket. I've done this before and I know what all the wires on the new unit are for, but the wiring diagram I had for the caddy left out a lot of wires. After a lot of research, I have found this is not nearly as simple as I was expecting. Can someone please tell me the best way to get this new unit in and connect the data wires to prevent any "gremlins". A wiring diagram would be great. Also what are the wires surrounded by clear tubing, I believe there are three of them. I need to know what is the best way to fix my mistake without buying expensive parts. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: 2000 Deville Aftermarket HU. NEED HELP please

The car has an amplifier (well is more complicated than that, is a sound processing unit). Better try to put it back the way it was, these care are no Honda Civic. Sorry you won't like my post but you will have to study the diagram long to see what I mean. Sure hope you cut no wires...

Fast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville DTS

Yeah N* is right it is a nightmare and better off leaving it factory. You can get an OEM style harnesses to repair the damage on EBay search GM03RB. Some advice never cut the factory wires always use an adapter, the adapter is a GM03B. The radio has many things going through it and if you ever noticed starting the car with the radio out give you a shit ton of codes.

LOL @ "This isn't a Honda Civic" comment.

fleetwood96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 DTS III;05 DTS;02&03 STS;96 F/W Brm;85 F/W Brm

Hello nicnic, I have a factory GM service manual set from 01 and it will have the 2000 Deville wiring diagrams as TIF images (i believe). If you want to send me a private message with your e-mail address (or just post a reply if you don't mind showing the world) I'll be happy to send you what I have for that car - I used to have a 2000 Deville (base). Please advise if yours is the base (non-BOSE) or the BOSE system (DTS/DHS). I can tell you that the bare wires with the clear tubing are basically "shielding" which goes around the left & right sound output wires (for noise interference reduction) on the way to the "AMP". If your car is the base with cassette only, you might want to swap it with a non-BOSE model with CD & cassette (not sure how involved it would be to add BOSE - I'm guessing the AMP and all speakers would have to be replaced), OR, you might want to add the 6-CD changer to the glove compartment (which is what I did 10 years ago!). The wiring harness for the CD changer is right behind a "hidden" door in the rear of the glove compartment. Doug

shadowt45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello Fleetwood and N*Caddy...... I have a question one of u 2 may b able to answer. I have a 2000 Deville Base. I have added an iSimple (yes I hate aftermarket crap as well, its just my tape deck went out and I DO NOT want an after market radio I like the stock look) using the factory cd changer harness. I Have REALLY REALLY bad engine whine now when I choose the disk changer on the head unit as this is what the iSimple is hooked up too. I was wondering if either one of u 2 may have the radio harness pinout or wiring diagram. I got a hold of a spare cd changer wire harness at the junk yard and was wondering about just tapping into the wires on the back of the radio to see if that would eliminate the engine whine. Tried to figure it out myself but the wire colors don't match up from the cd changer harness to the radio harness... Let me know if perhaps u could email me some wiring diagrams or steer me in the right direction. Thanks again....
    my email is watchtowerservices@gmail.com

cadalicious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 deville base (non bose)

ok so , my problem is just as you described but i did cut wires and i was having crazy messages/ doorlocks/window problems ! so i went to the junkyard and put everything back like normal. but i have stopped at this point. i left my kenwood harness connected and i have my factory deck in the glove box. what do i use on the factory deck ? just power /accessory? and do i just split my main wires to both kenwood and factory ? and just use my speaker wiresout of kenwood?? i am confused how to do this (leave the old deck in )and the diagrams i am finding have missing and wrong colors for factory plug !!! so i cant tell what is important to hookback up on old deck , PLEASe HELP !!!! thanx guys

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.