Denso NAV 5 Pin Plug Pinout
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Denso NAV 5 Pin Plug Pinout in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Can some one help me out I am trying to figure out what wires go to this connector. I think ...
    Fast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville DTS

Post Denso NAV 5 Pin Plug Pinout

Can some one help me out I am trying to figure out what wires go to this connector. I think I'm sure of where 2 wires go but clueless to the other three. I was hoping that it was for sirius module. The two pins that I am sure of has to do with the Voice recognition for the navigation covering pin #1 and pin #5 any help would be greatly appreciated as I am so close to finish up everything that I wanted on the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fleetwood96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 DTS III;05 DTS;02&03 STS;96 F/W Brm;85 F/W Brm

Re: Denso NAV 5 Pin Plug Pinout

Hi Fast - I have an 04 SLS service manual now and according to it the black C2 connector (5 pin) is only used for Microphone signal (pin 1) and "Drain" (pin 2). Pins 3-5 are not used. As far as XM radio is concerned, that module communicates with the radio/nav by means of the DATA wire and not through any sort of direct connection.

By the way, I have gotten myself into trouble with my install - I decided to go ahead and clear the entire firmware (using the secret diagnostic screen under pin #6497). I was confident I could reload the firmware from one of my Loading.KWI files on my MAP version 1.1 and/or v3.0 DVDs. Well, I managed to clear the firmware just fine but it will not accept either firmware file (burned to a CD-R disk). I'm stuck at the "Load System disk" prompt that others have reported!! Perhaps these versions are too old (one says May 2001 and the other June 2002). My unit was made in Aug 2002 according to the label on top of the case.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Burn it on a different brand CDR and try various writing speeds (perhaps Writer units too).
    It could be finicky reading burned CDs...don't worry it will work eventually.

brougham96 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1973 Sedan deVille, 2004 White Diamond deVille DHS

To steer back to the OP a little bit... If I were to hook up a regular microphone to pin 1 and 2, would it work? It's just looking for mic level audio? I'm and audio/video tech, so I might have to "borrow" a small mic from work and see if the nav unit responds. The reason for this is I have a '99 without Cell Phone/Onstar option, so I don't believe I have the mic required for this.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

The mic is located on the console next to where the garage remote is (or the sun roof buttons if equipped). You can see a small grille in there. You can pull the plastic and check it out but I have seen it in a '98 STS w/o OnStar so something tells me should be in a '99 too but then there are always cost savings...

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

i think the mic your talking about was not just for onstar
    but i think they used it to handle the AVC auto volume controle on the bose equipped vehicles
    but i may be wrong

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.