2003 STS Unlock Nav while car in motion? How to?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2003 STS Unlock Nav while car in motion? How to? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi, My wife would like to be able to enter our destination while I am driving and she is in ...
    kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

2003 STS Unlock Nav while car in motion? How to?

Hi,
    My wife would like to be able to enter our destination while I am driving and she is in the passenger seat. Is there a way/code/procedure to do this?

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fleetwood96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 DTS III;05 DTS;02&03 STS;96 F/W Brm;85 F/W Brm

Re: 2003 STS Unlock Nav while car in motion? How to?

Yes! There's a secret unlock method for 02-05 Cadillac Nav units. If you hit the ROUTE button, there's a "hidden" in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Press & hold the corner for a few seconds and you'll see a diagnostic screen. My memory is a bit fuzzy as it's been awhile since I've done this, but one of the button allows you to enter a diagnostic code. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking the code is 1753. Once you do this the full "ROUTE" ability will be active, even in drive, and you'll be able to play a regular DVD while in Drive as well.

Very cool, I was able to get to the screen but I cannot find where to enter the code???

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

The music not key that is right above the on of and volume button press and hold in till key pad pops up
    code should be 1791 i belive but i heard that some of them had other codes

Yes, that works for DVD playback but I can't get the nav to go when driving. Anyone know the right code for the nav????
    Thank you.

fleetwood96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 DTS III;05 DTS;02&03 STS;96 F/W Brm;85 F/W Brm

Seems I was getting my "hidden" techniques mixed up! That code is only for playing DVDs. Once in the DENO diagnostics screen (the one with a bunch of buttons) hit the RUN button and then there's some sort of OK button directly under the clock (you can barely see just the bottom of the button). With careful aim you should be able to press it instead of the clock. This should allow Navigation to work even at speed but only for the duration of this ignition cycle (it will reset once key is turned off)

kjanks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

CRAP! I hit the sound button and now i can hit the return button. it is more underneath the clock than the original screen when you just select run. HELP!! What do I do? Disconnect the battery?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.