'99 STS UX9 Bose to Denso Nav conversion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, '99 STS UX9 Bose to Denso Nav conversion in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Okay, I'd like to tackle this project this winter, and I've heard it's possible. I am an audio/video installer by ...
    brougham96 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1973 Sedan deVille, 2004 White Diamond deVille DHS

Question '99 STS UX9 Bose to Denso Nav conversion

Okay, I'd like to tackle this project this winter, and I've heard it's possible.

I am an audio/video installer by trade, although mostly in television production-type enviroments. So I'm pretty comfortable with a soldering iron, multimeter, etc..

A couple questions regarding this:
    -Is it true the Nav unit will work with the currently installed RIM? If that's the case, I would assume there is no compromise in the sound quality of the Bose system.
    -Any issue with steering wheel controls? I know the '99 has a different control layout than the newer steering wheels, not sure if they are the same buttons. I guess I'm not sure if they run to the HU or the RIM.
    -I've heard somewhere that later models of the NAV unit are locked down a bit more as far as playing DVDs while driving (with unlock code).. Is there a year range I should try to find?
    -Just curious: Does the DVD player do 5.1 surround? I know the car has the physical speaker layout to make it happen, but not sure if the RIM could do it.

and probably most importantly:

-Does anyone have the pinout for the harness? I know i need to find a VSS signal, and add a GPS antenna, is that it?
    For the VSS signal, I see connector C200 at the cluster, pin A11, "Vehicle Speed Signal-4000 pulses per mile" is that what I need?

And yes, I am aware I would need a flash from the dealer to disable Theftlock.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: '99 STS UX9 Bose to Denso Nav conversion

Another question: What's the difference between the U3Q and U3R RPO's? Does it need to say 'Bose' on the front?

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

i have had both the ones that say Bose and the ones that dont say bose
    im not sure what the pro codes are for
    just as long as you get one of the navies from the 2002 - 05 deville or 2002 - 04 seville units it will work

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Both work, if I remember correctly up to gen. 3 it had BOSE while 3 and 4 have no more logo. There are minor differences between the units (like the override codes). If you have to chose between one with the logo and one with w/o logo go with the one with BOSE logo. Be sure if the unit sat for a while the firmware is blank so you will need the firmware. Also the CD changer you may have IS NOT compatible with the NAV unit, you need new CD changer (NAV unit compatible).

If I need the firmware, where can I get it? Is there an internal battery I can pull to clear out the Theftlock data? If I can save a trip to the stealership, I'd be all for it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.