96 Deville Concours wiring adapter (non bose)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 96 Deville Concours wiring adapter (non bose) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey all, I know this has been asked before but I cant figure it out even after doing some searching ...
    homsar57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 DeVille Concours

96 Deville Concours wiring adapter (non bose)

Hey all, I know this has been asked before but I cant figure it out even after doing some searching here. I'm looking to install a new headunit (yet to be decided) and I know I need a harness in order to keep the steering wheel controls and everything else working. Also I understand that theres a sleep mode issue when you remove the factory unit. However; my grandparents had the factory security system REMOVED from the car so I'm not sure if that would even matter anymore. They had replaced it with an after-market system but I got that removed because it was annoying as heck. Ive got the 11 speaker, non bose system. So what adapter do I need to make this a simple plug-n-play swtich? Or does such a cable not exist?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

poduff1978 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 deville 4.9

Re: 96 Deville Concours wiring adapter (non bose)

i bought mine off amazon for like 20 bucks it plugs into box an antenna in trunck then you run it up front very simple

wysstck3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 concourse

Quote Originally Posted by homsar57 View Post
    Hey all, I know this has been asked before but I cant figure it out even after doing some searching here. I'm looking to install a new headunit (yet to be decided) and I know I need a harness in order to keep the steering wheel controls and everything else working. Also I understand that theres a sleep mode issue when you remove the factory unit. However; my grandparents had the factory security system REMOVED from the car so I'm not sure if that would even matter anymore. They had replaced it with an after-market system but I got that removed because it was annoying as heck. Ive got the 11 speaker, non bose system. So what adapter do I need to make this a simple plug-n-play swtich? Or does such a cable not exist?
    Ive just resently instald a Kenwood cd player I got my harness from DJ Stareo for 10 or 15 bucks the biggest hasle is that it plugs in in the trunk and u have to run wire and antena extention to the dash for your aftermarket radio. The number to DJ STAREO is 573) 547-6758 Dave is the one to talk to you may have to call a couple time he doesnt always here the phone. mon - fri 9:00-5:00

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

FLYNHAWAIIN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Seville STS SS E&G

Is there any instructions on the rewiring part, I dont want to pay someone $100 to do it if its easy enough for do it yourself. I just want to make sure I cant really harm anything.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.