Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2005 cadillac cts audio recommendations in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Morning all, I have a 2005 cadillac cts Uk version, with the 6-cd changer and am looking to replace the ...
- 12-17-10 07:14 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): cts
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
2005 cadillac cts audio recommendations
I have a 2005 cadillac cts Uk version, with the 6-cd changer and am looking to replace the head unit with something more advanced, something that plays DVD's has integrated navigation, ipod connectivity etc...ideally im looking at some double din Apline units.
I have the following questions and would greatly appreciate any help.
1. If I install a double din unit, will it fit flush or do I need some kind of holding unit?
2. Can the new unit use the cadillacs dashboard volume knob and steering wheel controls to select track, volume, tune etc
3. Will it effect the onboard computer? I know the computer sits just above the cd changer and am wondering if this will have to be replaced or taken out also?
Im finding it very hard to find anyone in the UK that has any knowledge on this, and would like to do some background research before I start investing.
Thanks for your help.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Air Tool Kit
Air Tool Kit - 17 PieceMore on PowerTorque Tools - Air Tool Kit
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 19 Piece; 1/4" Drive
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Hex Bits Set
SAE Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; SAE Hex Bits; Contains: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8"