4 xtant 10's in the trunk w/ old school kicker comp amp
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 4 xtant 10's in the trunk w/ old school kicker comp amp in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; well i had 4 xtant 10's sittin around for a few years now.and some extra time so i built the ...
    abel4220 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 deville

4 xtant 10's in the trunk w/ old school kicker comp amp

well i had 4 xtant 10's sittin around for a few years now.and some extra time so i built the new system for now. the subs are 20lb. each the box is 44in(L)13in.(h)17in(w) well if i only used 3 subs the box would sit all the back but 40 inchs of woofer seamed better than 30 inches of woofer the subs are wired at .05 ohms the old kicker x100 is from 1992 this amp puts newer amps to shame also (2) 1farad caps that sit on the amp rack i am also using a pioneer avic z3 head unit with a G-mos06 wire harness stock amp for the highs and mids (upgrade soon) if any one has farad caps i noticed that if i hooked up the remote wire from the (hu) the power from the farad caps would make crazy back feed nosie to the factory door speakers so to fix the problem i moved the remote wire to the fuse box and i have no more back feed of power to the factory amp also dont forget to fuse the remote wire
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

Re: 4 xtant 10's in the trunk w/ old school kicker comp amp

nice setup however the caps arent your solution if you having blinking lights or voltage loss. your solution is the big3 upgrade the biggest battery you can fit and a HO alt. heres the way to explain it cadillac power everything. gm designed your car to have a little extra power to for little stuff so when you add a amp or so your alternator has to work harder to fill the gap of power loss in your battery. with a HO alt and rthe big there upgrade the alt doesnt work that hard and your system stays charged. trust me on this one i had the stock alt and a small battery and they both died on me within a year. i have 4 amps and some extras no blinking lights and the systems stays at around 14.0-14.5 at idle or musical peaks at 13.8 so imagine that on a stock alt. ouch

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

nice setup however the caps arent your solution if you having blinking lights or voltage loss. your solution is the big3 upgrade the biggest battery you can fit and a HO alt. heres the way to explain it cadillac power everything. gm designed your car to have a little extra power to for little stuff so when you add a amp or so your alternator has to work harder to fill the gap of power loss in your battery. with a HO alt and rthe big there upgrade the alt doesnt work that hard and your system stays charged. trust me on this one i had the stock alt and a small battery and they both died on me within a year. i have 4 amps and some extras no blinking lights and the systems stays at around 14.0-14.5 at idle or musical peaks at 13.8 so imagine that on a stock alt.

thanks for lookin at my set up . i do plan on the big 3 the caps are mostly for the amp when i use test tracks like the woofer cooker. and with the 4 10's i dont need much vol. to make some noise. my lights didnt dim with my old hifonic titan 1501 and 2 12in clif designs subs in a ported box with no caps. but i will keep my eye on the voltage it stays around 14.9 to 14.1 on normal and with the woofer cooker around 13.9 to 13.7 keep an eye out for a update to the whole car bigger amp ,new ported box w/port to factory sub location,air bagged,fiberglass 8in door mids,new color paint
    Attached Images

baller95 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 ESV Platinum

Super clean setup bro !! and do your lights dim alot? also how many WRMS are you pushing altogeter?

my lights dont dim at all i have 25000k hid. the amp is 100w rms rated @800w 1ohm but i have it @1/2ohm so i am not surebut this kicker is old school power from 1992 when amps were under rated and is way stronger than the 1500w amp i was running before made in the u.s.a. thanks for looking at my setup

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.