Will Bose Speakers Work
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Will Bose Speakers Work in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Fellows, My car is a 2001 Deville base model. I have been collecting Deville Bose speakers from the junkyard. My ...
    larry2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville 105,000 miles

Will Bose Speakers Work

Fellows,

My car is a 2001 Deville base model. I have been collecting Deville Bose speakers from the junkyard. My car did not come with the Bose audio system. Would installing these Bose speakers in my car give me a quality boost in speaker sound?

Thanks for all input. Larry

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ItalianMike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville SLS

Re: Will Bose Speakers Work

yes they will but they are rated 100 watts and 1 ohm if you crank it to loud with to much bass your radio lights will flicker and you may also burn out the head units amp but they do sound great and can be used

Warspite is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1962 coupe (selling), 1995 Seville SLS, 1966 Sedan DeVille

The Bose speakers are 1 Ohm resistance, and are "full range" with no separate midrange or tweeter. Stock non-Bose speakers are 10 Ohm. The Bose system is designed to push low-level signal (2-4 volts) to each individual, speaker-mounted amplifier. Just an opinion, but you're probably best served by replacing the stock non-Bose speakers with a good 2 or 3-way aftermarket (Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, et al) set, which is closer to the impedance of the stock units (most are 6-8 Ohms) which won't overtax the head unit. 1 Ohm, as in the Bose speakers, look close to a short circuit to an amp that is expecting 10 times that load.

claymonds is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The 2000-2005 deville's have a trunk mounted Bose amp that powers all the speakers in the car. The non bose units also have a seperate trunk mounted amp in the trunk I beleave its a Delphi amp. None of the head units have build in amps, also both the amps communicate with the onboard computer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.