02 deville do i have bose or non bose ? want to add an amp to door speakers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 02 deville do i have bose or non bose ? want to add an amp to door speakers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i have a 2002 deville i used the gmos-o6 to install a pioneer avic-z3 7 inch head unit all is ...
    abel4220 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 deville

02 deville do i have bose or non bose ? want to add an amp to door speakers

i have a 2002 deville i used the gmos-o6 to install a pioneer avic-z3 7 inch head unit all is working fine no trick-o-roo's the chime still works with the drivers door and the onstar still works with the steering controls my ? is how can i find the factory amp and use the wires that run from the factory amp to the speakers and add my own amp so i dont have to run wires in the doors . the gmos-06 it uses the rca out from the aftermarket head unit to a control box that has a factory wires plug in .that was plug and play easy install. i just dont know if i have bose or non bose it didnt say on the stock head unit so i just dont know i will be adding 4-xtant 10's in the trunk and ineed to add more power to the door speakers has any one done this if so please add advise i think i may lose my chime if i bypass the factory amp maybe some one has went thru this

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hairball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Seville (base model)

Thumbs up Re: 02 deville do i have bose or non bose ? want to add an amp to door speakers

My guess would be that it wasn't a Bose system because they usually always say Bose on the front of them in every make of car I've seen them it. I was trying to find the same answer when I joined the forum and still haven't figured it out other than someone mentioned it would say Bose on the box next to my power antenna in the trunk. I finally checked my RPO sticker codes and found mine was not the Bose (it was already replaced when I got the car, and now I have to deal with the nightmare of figuring out where all those factory wires that someone cut go. Oh, and I googled Cadillac Bose and found pictures of the speakers. The Bose rear speakers have big black boxes on the bottom of the magnets and the non-Bose don't. Mine don't, so I pretty much figured it all out eventually.

Good luck with your system. Sounds like it's going to pound hard. I haven't seen a lot of X-tant subs but used to see a lot of their amps in competition systems at sound-offs. I wish I could afford X-tant anything!

Hairball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Seville (base model)

Oh, forgot to mention...

A few people told me here that you can't run aftermarket speakers off the deck without running separate new wires from the deck to each speaker, so I gave up for now. I'm getting ready to install an entire system in my 93 Seville, and will end up running new speaker wire to each speaker, but from the amps in the trunk. Probably won't even be using the HU for any speakers at this point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.