96 bose
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 96 bose in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; rear 6x9 speaker seems to bottom out on heavy bass beats. works ok otherwise. i have BOSE system, 12cd changer. ...
    stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k

96 bose

rear 6x9 speaker seems to bottom out on heavy bass beats. works ok otherwise. i have BOSE system, 12cd changer. i found a 96 seville in junkyard. the HU is not marked as BOSE and it has a 12cd changer in trunk. took off door panel. large plastic enclosure is marked as BOSE. has small amp inside box. rear speakers also have amps mounted on coil and speaker does say BOSE. are speakers for both cars the same but HU different in that there is no signal processing like my car has? yard cannot test speakers so i bought it as is. only $5

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 96 bose

put in new speaker. sure looks identical. sounds a little better. maybe 6x9 factory stuff just can't put out much bass.

N*Caddy is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

If it has amps on the speakers then is BOSE

why does the HU not have DSP and not say BOSE than? so the system is really BOSE but it does not say so on HU.

N*Caddy is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Maybe somebody rigged BOSE speakers to his base HU. Does the harness and connector to the speakers looks factory or driveway made?
    I know you mentioned there is no signal processing module on the car (what officially is known as RIM), are you referring to this module?

How about the CD changer, is the CD changer in that car OEM 12 disk same like yours?
    I suspect maybe that car is not a '96, and is a '95 with the older BOSE HU (CD player in dash) and the RIM (older style) is by the power antenna while the CD changer is aftermarket. Does that car have steering wheel controls?
    The is also possible that while in the wreck yard, or even in the last moments of the car's life somebody replaced the HU with a base unit (experimenting maybe) and while in the wreck yard somebody took the RIM out (does it have connectors for RIM, or at least harness even if cut)?
    The mystery can be solve if you have the VIN, we'll know for sure.

Either way, the rear speakers are 100% compatible between ANY BOSE Seville/Eldorado '92 - '97 for Seville, and up to '02 Eldorado. 1-2 years ago there was a vendor on e-Bay selling NOS 6x9 BOSE speakers for around $50 a pop. That was a pretty good deal, not sure if still available.

Twiggr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

helpful info tks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.