Where is BOSE amp located in 01 sls?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Where is BOSE amp located in 01 sls? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I tried looking it up and could only find some info leading to under the rear seat. Not there. Unlesss ...
    01sevillesls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 seville sls

Where is BOSE amp located in 01 sls?

I tried looking it up and could only find some info leading to under the rear seat. Not there. Unlesss the guy who had it before removed it?idk but i just realized the other day the speaker up in the back window was disconnected i crawled in my trunk and looked up and theres the connector just hangin there. also the dude installed 2 polk audio speakers in the front so im assuming he had a system in here maybe at one point and if he had an aftermarket amp he could have removed the factory bose amp. Im not sure but maybe im looking in the wrong spot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Where is BOSE amp located in 01 sls?

At every speaker..............also, on the Electronics Bay, that large panel accessed by lowering the trunk/rear seat carpet panel and lowering the bay onto the trunk floor. Lots of toys on there...........

01sevillesls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 seville sls

o ic i didnt know that i thought i was looking for a black box. Would it be possible to hoook up an amp to the sub speaker in the back only?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Bose uses some really odd low-impedance speakers and amps. I think you need a dedicated speaker, amp, and conversion harness to take the Bose low level bass audio signal and drive the new amp/speaker. The guys in here are the gurus on that, not I. (I build all my home audio tube stuff, but will NEVER touch a Cadillac - too many horror stories.)

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

If you are referring to the stock Bose sub mounted on the rear deck I wouldn't. I tried powering it with a small, 300w Rockford Fosgate amp....Not good. I doubt that thing could even handle 100w. Rip all of that Bose crap out and replace it with something decent, like the Polk's in the front, it won't be cheap but your ears will appreciate it.

Ser24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville, Deville, STS

As a know, the digital processor and amplifiers in such system (9-speaker Bose, year-98 line with a subwoofer) is located behind the rear seat, slightly on the right (passenger side). It is close to a subwoofer, since directly connected to it (sub needs more than a half of total amplifier power). It is visible when a trunk cover is removed/bend away from the area behind that seat. It has many wires. I myself never removed it for any service, and do not recommend any "upgrade" (only replacement).

Ser24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville, Deville, STS

As an addition: that 9-speaker system (I used in 99-Seville STS) had very good sound, possibly the best I listened in a car (but could not play MP3 or DVD-A). I think its sound was even better than the recent 15-speaker model (with DTS and so on) I used now. However, practically same 9-speaker model in 2005 Deville DTS does not sound so well, probably was already made cheaper (I still have these 3 vehicles and can compare).

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

My mom's 02' GMC Envoy has the Bose system and it sounds very close to what I remember my 01' STS sounding like before I ripped all of that crap out. Sounds great at low=>medium volume levels but as soon as you get really into a song and crank it.......FART FART FART, CRACKLE CRACKLE CRACKLE...See ya Bose, Hello Alpine, Infinity, and JL....

Bose = B(buy)O(other)S(stereo)E(equipment)

B-CADI is offline Cadillac Owners Member

if the amp is bad or bad fuse...would it make your radio flicker? also made radio , cd and tape not work? that happened to me then following day dead battery. replaced battery saem radio uissue. just removed fuse...but not solved. please advise.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.