install problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, install problems in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a kenwood head unit and alpine 6x9's I want to install in my 98 eldorado. It as a ...
    alpineeldo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Edorado

install problems

I have a kenwood head unit and alpine 6x9's I want to install in my 98 eldorado. It as a bose system and I have no idea how to hook up to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: install problems

My advise dont.
    The only way to hook them up would be to remove the amp off your Bose speakers mount them to the Alpines and connect the Bose speaker leads to you Alpines. HOWEVER your Alpines operate at 4 ohm independence and the Bose at 1 ohm. While this wont hurt anything ohms is a measure of resistance. The stock Bose amp pushes 100 watts at 1 ohm, when you connect that to an aftermarket 2 ohm speaker (like Infinity Kappas) you cut that power in half to 50 watts, to a 4 ohm you 1/4 that power and thus would be pushing your Alpines with a mere 25 watts PEAK not RMS mind you.

In short will they sound nicer, yes however I doubt youll be able to hear much of them over the fronts even if you fade it to back as they power to push them just isnt there.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k

Re: install problems

I used to have my Infinity 6x9's in my old 95(Bose). Just used a LOC (line-out converter) to hook up a small 400w 2-channel amp to run them, sounded WAY nicer...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.