'99 SLS Dash Speaker Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, '99 SLS Dash Speaker Replacement in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I'd very much appreciate some help on how to replace the 3 speakers in the top of the dash in ...
    ghofer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 sls

'99 SLS Dash Speaker Replacement

I'd very much appreciate some help on how to replace the 3 speakers in the top of the dash in my '99 Seville SLS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

moon29 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 cadillac sts

Re: '99 SLS Dash Speaker Replacement

me too

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Re: '99 SLS Dash Speaker Replacement

To replace the Tweeters and Center Speaker inside your dash
    you must remove the dash pad to remove the dash pad you have to remove a few things first the Interior A Pillars that come down the front of your interior from the top of the Windshield to the bottom those have to be removed
    be carfull not to remove them wrong or you will be spending time with you new friend called Epoxy or garila glue of some sort
    you want to start at the time of the pillar put your finters between the windshield and the pillar and pull in your direction and to the inside of the car they will pop out
    then you have to remove the Dash Vents both Front Passenger vents and the Vent to the Left of the Steering Colum asuming you have a LHD and not a RHD
    to remove the dash vents its not hard but it is trick
    i use 2 store rewards cards something that is slip enough to fit between the top and bottom of the vents and push the taps in that take a pair of players grip onto the vents and pull but not hard if it doesnt come out easy you don't have the vent taps properly

then you will ned a socket driver or a ratchet with a Extension
    be carfull not to loose the screws cause they can fall inside the vents
    but ones you have the vents out put your finger in them and go up you wheel feel the screws that need to be removed i belive they are a 6 or 7 mm but don't take my ward on it for shure i don't remember
    but you need to remove them ]
    then you take your hand push down on the top of the Dash pad real close to the windshield and pull it tords you dash pad will slide right out disconnect the speaker wire flat the dash pad on a flat surface upside and and there you have your speakers exposed and can take them out and then replace them

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.