Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 2003 seville sls after market stereo install

jcb2480 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cadillac seville sls

Exclamation 2003 seville sls after market stereo install

new to the site and this is my first caddy and would like to know how i remove the old stereo and what wire harnesses do i need? also does the steering wheel buttons need harness as well? any tips would help also it does not have the bose in it and it has the on star feature i dont plan on using it is a 03 seville sls any body with info i would much appreciate it. i have some expierience installing after market stereos but this car has a little more to it than an average car just dont want to screw things up

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mamawseldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado, 2000 Seville STS, 2007 Escalade, 2009 CTS4

Re: 2003 seville sls after market stereo install

Quote Originally Posted by jcb2480 View Post
    new to the site and this is my first caddy and would like to know how i remove the old stereo and what wire harnesses do i need? also does the steering wheel buttons need harness as well? any tips would help also it does not have the bose in it and it has the on star feature i dont plan on using it is a 03 seville sls any body with info i would much appreciate it. i have some expierience installing after market stereos but this car has a little more to it than an average car just dont want to screw things up
    Pry off the plate above the radio with a flat head screwdriver. Behind that will be a single bolt/screw to remove. Pull the gear shift panel off and unplug the wiring harnesses to your heated seats/etc.. There will be two bolts below the AC/heat controls you need to remove. The radio and ac/heat unit pull off in one piece and then you unbolt those apart.