2002 DTS Bose/Nav "can not load software"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2002 DTS Bose/Nav "can not load software" in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have an 02 DTS and the screen on my nave is stuck open and displays "Caution cannot load system ...
    srt4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS

2002 DTS Bose/Nav "can not load software"

I have an 02 DTS and the screen on my nave is stuck open and displays "Caution cannot load system software disk incorrect......"

Can anyone tell me where to locate the lithium battery in the Bose Nav unit in a 2002 DTS unit model #25734875

Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: 2002 DTS Bose/Nav "can not load software"

The lithium battery is located on the left side of the DVD unit (about 1/3 height) where there is that seam in the case. Well you actually need to open it up to get to the battery and you need a soldering gun to have it removed/replaced. The thing is, what you hope to achieve with that? Yes your lithium battery is dead and the firmware was lost so you need to replace the battery to keep the firmware in memory, but FIRST and fore most is to get the firmware burned on a CD (CD not DVD) so it can be loaded into the unit.
    With no firmware the unit ONLY accept/ejects disks in the first 5-10 seconds after it is powered on so don’t get frustrated with it, now you know how it works.
    Unless you load the firmware the screen will not retract. To load the firmware is a 3 minutes deal.
    The message you see on the screen is because the disk inside the unit is not the install disk (probably you are trying the navigation disk-no that’s not it, you need the firmware disk).

srt4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS

Thank so much for the help/info! do you know where can I get the firmware? opening the Nav and soldering the battery is no biggy.....

dfever is offline Cadillac Owners Member

N*Caddy, I have the same problem but don't have access to the firmware software. From what I've read it's loaded somewhere but I don't know where, any help would be appeciated.

Thanks,
    Dfever
    email: dfever@earthling.net

boricuacaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS

Has anyone here got a hold of the Firmware software? I tried the dealer and it is a no go for me!

David

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.