2003 Deville Subwoofer install w/ pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2003 Deville Subwoofer install w/ pics in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Decided to put my 12" Audiobahn sub in the DeVille today. below is a pic of how i ran my ...
    Slowy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '03 Deville Sterling Silver

2003 Deville Subwoofer install w/ pics

Decided to put my 12" Audiobahn sub in the DeVille today.
    below is a pic of how i ran my wires

Then i notched the fuse box lid for the remote wire as well as cut the red power terminal cover to allow the amp power wire to come out

I used the rear sunshade fuse spot (removed and put in a spade terminal) as the remote trigger

then ran the power, ground and remote through to the trunk

built an amp rack and formed the base to go around the curves and notches of the trunk

then mounted the amp and slid it in place.

comments welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Re: 2003 Deville Subwoofer install w/ pics

Looks good!! Love the amp rack!! Only thing, I would have used the IGN fuse #12 for the remote wire. It only turns on your amp when your key is in the ON position which allows you to listen to the radio with the key in the ACC position and not have to worry about your amp draining your battery. If you decide to change it, just remember to run the remote wire down the right side (passenger side) of fuse #12 and reinstall the fuse.

P.S. How much would you charge to build me a amp rack like that?

Quote Originally Posted by SPreston2001 View Post
    Looks good!! Love the amp rack!! Only thing, I would have used the IGN fuse #12 for the remote wire. It only turns on your amp when your key is in the ON position which allows you to listen to the radio with the key in the ACC position and not have to worry about your amp draining your battery. If you decide to change it, just remember to run the remote wire down the right side (passenger side) of fuse #12 and reinstall the fuse.
    thanks! The sunshade works the same way. reason i used the sunshade fuse is for a cleaner connection.. no sticking a wire AND a fuse in the same slot

Quote Originally Posted by SPreston2001 View Post
    P.S. How much would you charge to build me a amp rack like that?
    hell, idk we just used scrap wood my friend had laying around
    the base is 1/4" MDF, the plate the amp is on is crap board (particle board?).

if i were to do it again, i'd use all 1/4" or 1/2" MDF.
    all i'd need to do now is trace my base and cut out.
    would be hard to ship to Ohio completely finished though. if i did it, you'd probably have to nail the base and the amp plate together

Yeah your right the spade terminal does look cleaner than the wire and fuse option. As for the amp rack I could definetely assemble it, I just dont have the tools to cut the wood, nor do I have any carpet to cover it with. I cant tell by the pics but did you cover it with carpet or did you spray paint it? If thats paint you did a hell of a good job!

the board was MDF, so it was naturally brown. we lightly spray painted it black so the fabric didn't have to conceal as much of the brown

then we sprayed some adhesive on the fabric, sprayed the board and set it down and stretched it over. the spray adhesive was REALLY sticky.

i would have liked to match the speaker box as well, but by the time we were done, we were both really hot. could always re-wrap the box later.

three6mafia1665 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille

Know the thread is a bit old but hoping your still lingering around here. Did you remove the stock sub completly and wire in the LOC? The only thing I'm currently unsure of is if I can wire the LOC with no resistive load or if it needs to be wired parallel with the proper load. I suppose if the load is required, the stock speaker could be replaced by 2ohm 50 watt resistors, but just wondering if that is even necessary. Thanks for any input on this matter, got everything else done per your pictures, just scratching my head on this ?...

No you dont have to have the stock subwoofer hooked up. In fact it sounds better when you take the stock subwoofer out because the empty hole fills the cabin with more bass from the trunk.

*Edit* Well aparently you may have to have the stock subwoofer installed or use a resistor in its place. I read a couple of post about people having trouble with their systems after they removed the stock sub. Im confused as to why mines works perfectly without the stock sub or use of resistors.

whiskey_moodz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Deville DTS

Have you every though about re-uploading your pictures for those of is that didn't get a chance to see them?

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey_moodz View Post
    Have you every though about re-uploading your pictures for those of is that didn't get a chance to see them?
    sorry, can't delete this post. accidentally posted twice

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey_moodz View Post
    the pics have not moved. they are still visible to me (they are linked from photobucket, so i doubt i'm seeing the pics from my cache or comp)... anyone else having issues?

just in case, here is the link to the photobucket album
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v248/slowy/Caddy/

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

looks nice im thinking about a new sub with my Pioneer Head Unit but im not sure
    i don't want to put a box in the trunk and if i do its going to be a shalow mout box as small as i can get for a 12 or 13 inch

another option i wam thinking is maybe a JL 12 or 13 free air but have not deicded yet but just know im not willing to give up that much trunk space your box you used is way to big for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    looks nice im thinking about a new sub with my Pioneer Head Unit but im not sure
    i don't want to put a box in the trunk and if i do its going to be a shalow mout box as small as i can get for a 12 or 13 inch

another option i wam thinking is maybe a JL 12 or 13 free air but have not deicded yet but just know im not willing to give up that much trunk space your box you used is way to big for me lol

have you looked in the trunk lately?!? its HUGE!
    i could fit my sub AND two bodies in there, lol

the box i used barely covers the spare tire cover and the base for the amp rack was cut to match the contours of floor without covering the spare tire cover

Mojo88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 White Diamond DeVille 'Base'

Thanks for posting this info.

I recently purchased a '03 DeVille and I am definitely putting an amp and sub into the trunk. I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT radio into the dash. This radio is nice, uses the steering wheel controls and has Bluetooth too. Now this system really needs a little bit of high-quality bass to finish things off. The OP is right, the trunk is HUGE! Plenty of room in there for a sub and amp.

-

Mojo88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 White Diamond DeVille 'Base'

-

If I may ask - how did you run the RCA leads from the radio to the trunk?

Thanks

-

jmildoc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 01 Deville
    Tagged

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.