Remote wire for 06 DTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Remote wire for 06 DTS? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi I just installed my amp and subs in my 06 DTS no navigation or bose. And I first hooked ...
    amt228 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

Exclamation Remote wire for 06 DTS?

Hi I just installed my amp and subs in my 06 DTS no navigation or bose. And I first hooked up the remote wire to the amplifier fuse in the fuse box in the rear of the car. Everything worked perfect until i turned off my car and my amp was still on. The battery has a wire going directly into this fuse box and I cant find a fuse to turn on when the car cuts on. Its like every wire is continuously hot. Where can I find a wire that will only become hot when I have my car on. PLEASE HELP. Ive been looking for a wire for hours.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Re: Remote wire for 06 DTS?

Try the IGN fuse. On my car its fuse #12 but it my be different in your 06. Also make sure your only run the wire down the right side (passenger side) of the fuse. The IGN fuse is only hot when the car is in the ON position so you can still listen to your music with the key in the ACC position and not have the amp on to drain the battery.

I tried the IGN fuse and the amp was still on when I cut my car off. Its like no wire in the entire is not hot when the car is off. I just need one wire thats not continuously hot when I cut off my car. Say I did keep my amp on while my car is off will it kill my battery? Or is there a wire behind my stereo I can tap that will cut on my amp only when its on?

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Yes if you keep your amp on it will kill your battery. Did you run the wire down the passenger side of the IGN fuse? Also some people tap into the power antenna wire and use that as their remote signal.

I connected the wire to the dead side of the fuse when the fuse was out. I was gonna try the power antenna but I can not find a wiring diagram for an 06 DTS

horsemanwill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

i just wired a system in a 2006 dts with bose and nav. under the back seat there is a fuse box on the driver side. in there there are empty fuse spots. take a MULTIMETER and test the left side of the fuse section. when you come to one that does not come on when the ign is off turn the ign on and see if it comes on. if so use that. i did and have no problems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.