2005 STS Aftermarket Nav
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2005 STS Aftermarket Nav in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hopefully this has not already been discussed, but I have searched and searched. I am wanting to put in a ...
    c32k05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

2005 STS Aftermarket Nav

Hopefully this has not already been discussed, but I have searched and searched. I am wanting to put in a double DIN in dash navigation system is my 2005 STS. I have found the dash kit, but no one seems to know which wiring harness will work (GMOS-13 says for 06+). I would like to keep as many features as possible, but realize that I will lose the memory features that the stock stereo controls. I have the standard 6 disc, no xm, and don't care about on star. Looking at the Metra 2010 CES brochure they show a GMOS-100 systems that says for all GM. Any thoughts or experience with the GMOS-13 in a 2005?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: 2005 STS Aftermarket Nav

The radios were the exact same even up to 2010 for the STS just different software (which is updateable)
    I think its safe to assume that the 06 harness will work just fine in an 05 car as there is zero difference in the radios

Caddy916Squad is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

no experience but heard its a great system and don't see why it wouldn't be compatible.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

According to metraonline.com

Description

Amplifier Interface Harness. Retains Chimes and Accessory. Works with or Without Onstar and Provides Navigation Wires.

The GMOS-13 is designed to be used in the 2005-10 Cadillac STS equipped with Onstar and amplified system. It will retain the warning chimes that are lost when the factory radio is removed. The GMOS-13 also provides a 12-volt switched accessory output along with Mute, Parking Brake, Speed Sense (VSS), and Reverse outputs for the installation of an aftermarket navigation radio

moests is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac Ats

i installed this harness and the issue i am having is not all the speakers are working the front drivers side speakers dont work at all. should i bypass the bose amps?

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.