Double Din install with Gmos-06 and Pics!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Double Din install with Gmos-06 and Pics!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well i finally got my pioneer avh-p4100dvd last week and installed it no problems what so ever with the gmos-06 ...
    cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int

Double Din install with Gmos-06 and Pics!!

Well i finally got my pioneer avh-p4100dvd last week and installed it no problems what so ever with the gmos-06 nothing, all the chimes work, no cutting out, shuts off like its supposed to, retains power untill the door is opened, i am VERY happy with it because i read just about every post on here about the gmos-06 and was getting scared. The sound quality is 10x better (makes the BOSE sound amazing) i even built my own relay to bypass the parking brake, the video quality is suberb best i ever seen in a car, the only problem i had was the dash kit i had to trim way more off than what it described to get it to work, i cant wait to get me a pioneer 6 disc cd changer to put in place of the stock one, and hook up a dtv converter box to watch TV lol, by the way i highly recomend this unit its cheap and will do more than you ever need (unless you want gps i have internet on my phone so i dont need it), i also uploaded a cadillac image for the screen saver which i thought was pretty bad a** heres pics and prices

Istall cost:
    -gmos-06 and metra 95-2005B from installer.com: 135$ (with shipping)
    -Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD from Ebay: 415$
    TOTAL COST: 550$

PS. I did not relocate the HU in the trunk

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RiZzLe7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 Coupe Deville , 2001 Seville SLS

Re: Double Din install with Gmos-06 and Pics!!

i have a 2001 seville .how did u remove the radio. was jus wonderin if the plastic ring just pops out.

ok first you shift the car to either 2 or 1 then pull the center woodgrain console up its held down by clips only, i used the mini pry bar you see in the pic, then disconnect the heated seat switchs and traction control button, and yes the top peice just pops off (clips too), and theres 3 screws one up top two down below (7mm socket) holding the climate control and stereo in place , last after all the screws are out pull stereo out and disconnect the wiring on both the stereo and CC (be patient here sometimes they dont come out easy), and as you will see its a cage that holds the stereo and CC together to look good. i can answer most any question you have on this stereo install.

thx. i will doin mine soon i have also have the gmos-06 but i have a single din kit and radio

Oh ya what brand and model I wouldnt suggest doing it if you have just something basic the only reason I would replace the radio is if your gonna upgrade the stock sound system is really good I would only put in a nice pioneer, alpine, kenwood, or maybe a clarion nothing else.

Huh I know a lot of duals in the past have had problems and were junk, but that unit looks very nice when you do the install I would put the space on the dash kit up top so when the screen opens it won't block the dash vents for heat and ac

will try it out. but as far as the stereo its nice had it in my other car for a while.

where do i run the speakers wires from the radio harness i do not see them anywhere on the gmos-06 harness? is it the rca's comin out of the gmos-06 harness?

You don't do anything with the speaker wires (weird I know) and you just plug the rcas into the back right rear to right rear etc.

i tried putting in the radio today. a *bleeping* nightmare. i still didnt get it done. getting ur hands down in there to hook back up the temp controls was crazy. with that gmos-06 made it ruff i couldnt get the radio to push back all the way . there is too many wires in the way. how the hell u get them to fit behind there?

spyderman61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadi509 does the stock sub woofer still function with the gmos-06, because i was thinking of doing this with the 95-2005b install kit. Also how did u set up the relay to the parking brake( I'm guessing u did this to be able to play dvd 's on the move).

did ur stock unit have Bose System, If so u r giving me hope if not I will Have to rethink the upgrade.

Ok this is how you do it take the three oem wire harness' and push them down through the hole they come up from then hook up the gmos06 to the stereo harness,after that push the gmos06 and the stock harness back underneath in that little hole underneath where the cc and hu go, after that take the new harness that'll go to your new deck and the cc controls and push them back up through that hole and plug everthing back in (still kind of a pain but easier) you need an antenna adapter too, and yes spyderman the sub still works I have bose like I said EVERYTHING WORKS just as before. And ya I did the bypass to watch dvds while driving (drove 7 hrs on saturday to seattle and all around watched a movie the whole time) what you do is go to autozone and get a 5pin 40amp relay it must be 5pin 40amp I think the part number is 19275 (not 100 positive), then hook pins 85 and 87 to ground pin 86 to the remote wire from the stereo and pin 30 to the parking brake wire (green wire) then your all done.

Thnx for the info Cadi509 it is very much appreciated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.