Cadillac Owners Forum banner
32K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  dmallet30 
#1 ·
Well i finally got my pioneer avh-p4100dvd last week and installed it no problems what so ever with the gmos-06 nothing, all the chimes work, no cutting out, shuts off like its supposed to, retains power untill the door is opened, i am VERY happy with it because i read just about every post on here about the gmos-06 and was getting scared. The sound quality is 10x better (makes the BOSE sound amazing) i even built my own relay to bypass the parking brake, the video quality is suberb best i ever seen in a car, the only problem i had was the dash kit i had to trim way more off than what it described to get it to work, i cant wait to get me a pioneer 6 disc cd changer to put in place of the stock one, and hook up a dtv converter box to watch TV lol, by the way i highly recomend this unit its cheap and will do more than you ever need (unless you want gps i have internet on my phone so i dont need it), i also uploaded a cadillac image for the screen saver which i thought was pretty bad a** heres pics and prices

Istall cost:
-gmos-06 and metra 95-2005B from installer.com: 135$ (with shipping)
-Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD from Ebay: 415$
TOTAL COST: 550$

PS. I did not relocate the HU in the trunk :cloud9:

See less See more
#3 ·
ok first you shift the car to either 2 or 1 then pull the center woodgrain console up its held down by clips only, i used the mini pry bar you see in the pic, then disconnect the heated seat switchs and traction control button, and yes the top peice just pops off (clips too), and theres 3 screws one up top two down below (7mm socket) holding the climate control and stereo in place , last after all the screws are out pull stereo out and disconnect the wiring on both the stereo and CC (be patient here sometimes they dont come out easy), and as you will see its a cage that holds the stereo and CC together to look good. i can answer most any question you have on this stereo install.

#5 ·
Oh ya what brand and model I wouldnt suggest doing it if you have just something basic the only reason I would replace the radio is if your gonna upgrade the stock sound system is really good I would only put in a nice pioneer, alpine, kenwood, or maybe a clarion nothing else.

#7 ·
Huh I know a lot of duals in the past have had problems and were junk, but that unit looks very nice when you do the install I would put the space on the dash kit up top so when the screen opens it won't block the dash vents for heat and ac

#11 ·
i tried putting in the radio today. a *bleeping* nightmare. i still didnt get it done. getting ur hands down in there to hook back up the temp controls was crazy. with that gmos-06 made it ruff i couldnt get the radio to push back all the way . there is too many wires in the way. how the hell u get them to fit behind there?

#14 ·
Ok this is how you do it take the three oem wire harness' and push them down through the hole they come up from then hook up the gmos06 to the stereo harness,after that push the gmos06 and the stock harness back underneath in that little hole underneath where the cc and hu go, after that take the new harness that'll go to your new deck and the cc controls and push them back up through that hole and plug everthing back in (still kind of a pain but easier) you need an antenna adapter too, and yes spyderman the sub still works I have bose like I said EVERYTHING WORKS just as before. And ya I did the bypass to watch dvds while driving (drove 7 hrs on saturday to seattle and all around watched a movie the whole time) what you do is go to autozone and get a 5pin 40amp relay it must be 5pin 40amp I think the part number is 19275 (not 100 positive), then hook pins 85 and 87 to ground pin 86 to the remote wire from the stereo and pin 30 to the parking brake wire (green wire) then your all done.

#17 ·
Well I'm jealous of the dts think I wouldve rather got me one of those instead of the sts, I don't think the parking assist will work, but I know there is a reverse wire on the gmos06 for navi and what not so maybe it will I would post a new thread or PM cadillacsts2003 he would know for sure. And whatd you pack just curious I'm a nuts for guns just as much as I am for caddys.

#18 ·
thanks for the help. i got a sw 66-2, sw 19-5, glock 19, ruger lcr for hand guns. i dont have any .45s but my dad has 3 1911s so i havent felt to the need to buy one yet lol.:gun2: my brother and i also have a ruger 10/22 in 22lr and a henry golden boy in 22 mag that we bought for plinking and shooting squirrels.:blasted: i bought my fiance a ruger lcp cuz i was kinda embarrassed about buying a gun in a calibre smaller than 9mm but its basicly mine and ended up liking it so much i got the lcr for me when that came out lol. anyway back to caddys, does the cruise control switch on the steering wheel get messed up with an aftermarket radio too? and if it does will the gmos06 fix it? thanks!

#19 ·
I have an AVIC F90BT, and upon installation I couldn't get the reverse wire on the GMOS-06 to work for the backup camera feature, so I had to run a wire to the reverse lights. Most single chimes and the memory chimes won't work. But the constant chimes (such as when your ultrasound reverse parking assist tells you you're within 1 ft --red lights), you'll be able to hear those. One issue I've had is with audio sometimes becoming muffled, and I've had replaced the GMOS but it didn't correct it. It must be a specific issue with my AVIC.

#23 ·
the cruise control wont be affected and there is an adapter to retain the audio controls, (installer.com sells it), ok now guns i dont have a pistol yet (not old enough) but when i turn 21 im gonna get me a smith&wesson M&P 40 compact, right now i got 2 remington 870's one for bird hunting and the other for intruder hunting lol:cool2:, and a daewoo dr200 its a preban rifle kind of an Ak fused with an AR, pretty cool gun shoots 5.56 and takes standard AR mags, oh put an EOtech on it too heres pics

#24 ·
Nice work guys!

I have an '02 DTS with Bose CD/Cassette. So, a Gmos-06 will allow me to install an aftermarket HU without loss of any major functions within the car and does not require the stock radio to be retained/relocated? If this is the case, I'm buying a Gmos-06 and HU this weekend.

I wanted to keep it all factory, but I'm about to go bonkers without my digital media. I'm starting to miss the Pioneer DEH 5000 UB. I have music for days on Memory sticks and SD Cards. I considered an Ipod and adapter, but research says that those are useless with in my version of the DTS. The DIY AUX Input would be some what acceptable, but I want to keep it clean and not have to reach for a separate device for controls.

Looking at Gmos-06 adapters now, is there any specific brand that is more reliable than the next?

#25 ·
all GMOS-06 are made by metra/axxess.

I have the latest GMOS-06 that I took out, in favor of having my original radio in the glove box. Let me know if you are interested--I'll give it to you cheap to make it worth your while. E-mail me at this screen name @gmail.com or send me a private message (not a visitor message). I got it in January of this year.

#28 ·
i was driving today and when i turned a corner my left side sound cut out for about 5 sec. then i noticed when i turned on my headlights that it dimmed the dash {like it is supposed to} and turned on the illumination around the cc like it always did. but then the dash wasnt dim any more and the illumination around the cc controls were out. so when i got home i turned off the car restarted then turned on the head lights and the cc control knobs were illuminated again .whats with that?

#31 ·
Check your connections. Regarding the illumination if the lights go on (Twilight sentinel or manual activation) the lights on the unit will dim, then when the sensor determines the lights shouldn't be off, it will become bright again automatically. This is what I understood from what you said and it's normal (except the part about sound cutting off)

#29 ·
Installed my new Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and GMOS-06 in my '02 Dev DTS last night. Well partially....... I did a horrible hack job to the installation bracket and haven't buttoned it up properly due to lack in clearance of the GMOS. Any tips of where and how to tuck it?

So far the only lack in function I have noticed is that when setting the driver #1 or #2, the chimes are not working. I can live with that though. Cost of having access to my digital media again - $576; The smile on my face while playing with this beautiful piece of electronics - $Priceless. I will be installing a parking brake bypass switch this weekend if the lazy bug doesn't strike.

#30 ·
Jeez man idk about the dts but I think some people extended the wires and put the gmos in behind the glove box, not too sure though. Ya you'll lose single chimes like the memory seats (who cares though), and the bypass is hella easy to make just go to autozone and get a 40amp 5pin relay part#19273, hook pins 85 and 87 to ground, pin 86 to the remote wire and pin 30 to the parking brake wire from the pioneer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.