Double Din install with Gmos-06 and Pics!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Double Din install with Gmos-06 and Pics!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i want to install a double din in my 03 dts. will the gmos-06 keep the backup sensor working? thanks!...
    rollinstrapped247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 dts

Re: Double Din install with Gmos-06 and Pics!!

i want to install a double din in my 03 dts. will the gmos-06 keep the backup sensor working? thanks!

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int

Well I'm jealous of the dts think I wouldve rather got me one of those instead of the sts, I don't think the parking assist will work, but I know there is a reverse wire on the gmos06 for navi and what not so maybe it will I would post a new thread or PM cadillacsts2003 he would know for sure. And whatd you pack just curious I'm a nuts for guns just as much as I am for caddys.

Quote Originally Posted by cadi509 View Post
    Well I'm jealous of the dts think I wouldve rather got me one of those instead of the sts, I don't think the parking assist will work, but I know there is a reverse wire on the gmos06 for navi and what not so maybe it will I would post a new thread or PM cadillacsts2003 he would know for sure. And whatd you pack just curious I'm a nuts for guns just as much as I am for caddys.
    thanks for the help. i got a sw 66-2, sw 19-5, glock 19, ruger lcr for hand guns. i dont have any .45s but my dad has 3 1911s so i havent felt to the need to buy one yet lol. my brother and i also have a ruger 10/22 in 22lr and a henry golden boy in 22 mag that we bought for plinking and shooting squirrels. i bought my fiance a ruger lcp cuz i was kinda embarrassed about buying a gun in a calibre smaller than 9mm but its basicly mine and ended up liking it so much i got the lcr for me when that came out lol. anyway back to caddys, does the cruise control switch on the steering wheel get messed up with an aftermarket radio too? and if it does will the gmos06 fix it? thanks!

mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC

I have an AVIC F90BT, and upon installation I couldn't get the reverse wire on the GMOS-06 to work for the backup camera feature, so I had to run a wire to the reverse lights. Most single chimes and the memory chimes won't work. But the constant chimes (such as when your ultrasound reverse parking assist tells you you're within 1 ft --red lights), you'll be able to hear those. One issue I've had is with audio sometimes becoming muffled, and I've had replaced the GMOS but it didn't correct it. It must be a specific issue with my AVIC.

do u mean the audio from music becoming muffled or the chimes from parking assist?

Quote Originally Posted by rollinstrapped247 View Post
    do u mean the audio from music becoming muffled or the chimes from parking assist?
    audio from the music--sometimes fixed by activating mute on the AVIC (via the Onstar button or a chime).

Quote Originally Posted by mtflight View Post
    audio from the music--sometimes fixed by activating mute on the AVIC (via the Onstar button or a chime).
    damn that would be so annoying to me. did the cruise control button on ur steering wheel get messed up with the new radio? and if it did, did the gmos fix it?

the cruise control wont be affected and there is an adapter to retain the audio controls, (installer.com sells it), ok now guns i dont have a pistol yet (not old enough) but when i turn 21 im gonna get me a smith&wesson M&P 40 compact, right now i got 2 remington 870's one for bird hunting and the other for intruder hunting lol, and a daewoo dr200 its a preban rifle kind of an Ak fused with an AR, pretty cool gun shoots 5.56 and takes standard AR mags, oh put an EOtech on it too heres pics

conmetal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '02 Bronze Mist DTS (SOLD)'00 Black DTS w/ NV & Nav

Nice work guys!

I have an '02 DTS with Bose CD/Cassette. So, a Gmos-06 will allow me to install an aftermarket HU without loss of any major functions within the car and does not require the stock radio to be retained/relocated? If this is the case, I'm buying a Gmos-06 and HU this weekend.

I wanted to keep it all factory, but I'm about to go bonkers without my digital media. I'm starting to miss the Pioneer DEH 5000 UB. I have music for days on Memory sticks and SD Cards. I considered an Ipod and adapter, but research says that those are useless with in my version of the DTS. The DIY AUX Input would be some what acceptable, but I want to keep it clean and not have to reach for a separate device for controls.

Looking at Gmos-06 adapters now, is there any specific brand that is more reliable than the next?

Quote Originally Posted by conmetal View Post
    Nice work guys!

I have an '02 DTS with Bose CD/Cassette. So, a Gmos-06 will allow me to install an aftermarket HU without loss of any major functions within the car and does not require the stock radio to be retained/relocated? If this is the case, I'm buying a Gmos-06 and HU this weekend.

I wanted to keep it all factory, but I'm about to go bonkers without my digital media. I'm starting to miss the Pioneer DEH 5000 UB. I have music for days on Memory sticks and SD Cards. I considered an Ipod and adapter, but research says that those are useless with in my version of the DTS. The DIY AUX Input would be some what acceptable, but I want to keep it clean and not have to reach for a separate device for controls.

Looking at Gmos-06 adapters now, is there any specific brand that is more reliable than the next?

all GMOS-06 are made by metra/axxess.

I have the latest GMOS-06 that I took out, in favor of having my original radio in the glove box. Let me know if you are interested--I'll give it to you cheap to make it worth your while. E-mail me at this screen name @gmail.com or send me a private message (not a visitor message). I got it in January of this year.

RiZzLe7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 Coupe Deville , 2001 Seville SLS

well i finally finished. but is ur audio kinda low ? even with hu all the way up its not that loud.

There's a potentiometer on the side of the GMOS-06 that you can adjust the volume with. Try to see if that's the issue. Mine was loud and clear out of the box but my Avic has 4.5v pre-outs so that may have something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiZzLe7 View Post
    well i finally finished. but is ur audio kinda low ? even with hu all the way up its not that loud.

RiZzLe7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 Coupe Deville , 2001 Seville SLS

i was driving today and when i turned a corner my left side sound cut out for about 5 sec. then i noticed when i turned on my headlights that it dimmed the dash {like it is supposed to} and turned on the illumination around the cc like it always did. but then the dash wasnt dim any more and the illumination around the cc controls were out. so when i got home i turned off the car restarted then turned on the head lights and the cc control knobs were illuminated again .whats with that?

conmetal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '02 Bronze Mist DTS (SOLD)'00 Black DTS w/ NV & Nav

Installed my new Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and GMOS-06 in my '02 Dev DTS last night. Well partially....... I did a horrible hack job to the installation bracket and haven't buttoned it up properly due to lack in clearance of the GMOS. Any tips of where and how to tuck it?

So far the only lack in function I have noticed is that when setting the driver #1 or #2, the chimes are not working. I can live with that though. Cost of having access to my digital media again - $576; The smile on my face while playing with this beautiful piece of electronics - $Priceless. I will be installing a parking brake bypass switch this weekend if the lazy bug doesn't strike.

Jeez man idk about the dts but I think some people extended the wires and put the gmos in behind the glove box, not too sure though. Ya you'll lose single chimes like the memory seats (who cares though), and the bypass is hella easy to make just go to autozone and get a 40amp 5pin relay part#19273, hook pins 85 and 87 to ground, pin 86 to the remote wire and pin 30 to the parking brake wire from the pioneer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.