IPhone connection
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, IPhone connection in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; OK, here's the deal. I have an 03DTS with a Bose single CD with cassette. No CD changer. I bought ...
    xspower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

IPhone connection

OK, here's the deal. I have an 03DTS with a Bose single CD with cassette. No CD changer. I bought an ISGM73 from Isimple. This is the recommended kit to run my Iphone/Ipod thru the Bose and control it with the steering wheel controls. I installed the kit and immediately the Iphone starts charging so I know it's connected correctly. I've been on the phone with tech support 3 times so I know I've got everything right BUT here's the problem. When I hit the source button to select cd changer (that's where it's connected at the cd changer plug behind the glove compartment) it says no source loaded. I took the CD changer out of my 03 Vette and installed it and it says the same thing, no source loaded. I called my dealership and they said the computer had to be flashed to recognize something was installed on the cd changer plug. Does this sound correct or not? I know the kit works because I installed it on my Vette and it works perfect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: IPhone connection

No! there is NO "flashing" required.
    There are 2 types of CD changers, one controlled via the E&D data line and the other one is controlled via the data bus. I am almost sure ’03 non-NAV had the first type, not sure what type is on the 03 Corvette.

xspower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Still lookin for help

x2thaz04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Diamond White DTS w/ Sunroof

Let me kno if you ever figure this one out. I've been trying to get my iPod connected to my 04 DTS Bose for almost a year now. I don't think its possible with stereos that have a single "source" button.

superprohero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cadillac CTS

Maybe I can help you. I have an 04 CTS with Bose with a disc changer and I wired up my iPhone without any install kits or gadgets and it sounds awesome. And it works with the steering wheel volume control.

Wait a minute, does an iPod have a 1/4 inch stereo jack for headphones or just the wide connector for charging/output, etc?
    Also if I had your VIN I could look the wiring diagram up on a certain website,,,,,welllll lets just say I can look it up.

x2thaz04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Diamond White DTS w/ Sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by superprohero View Post
    Maybe I can help you. I have an 04 CTS with Bose with a disc changer and I wired up my iPhone without any install kits or gadgets and it sounds awesome. And it works with the steering wheel volume control.

Wait a minute, does an iPod have a 1/4 inch stereo jack for headphones or just the wide connector for charging/output, etc?
    Also if I had your VIN I could look the wiring diagram up on a certain website,,,,,welllll lets just say I can look it up.
    How did you do that? I think all iPhones, iPods have the 3.5mm stereo jack and the 30 pin connector except for the shuffle but anyway How is it done?

eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

make sure you set the jumper switches right on the isimple!

parislogs1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superprohero

I have an 08 dts are you saying I cAn link my iPhone to my car without any wiring ?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado_97
    make sure you set the jumper switches right on the isimple!
    I have a 08 dts and I am trying to connect my iPhone can you help? Terry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.