IPhone connection
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, IPhone connection in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; OK, here's the deal. I have an 03DTS with a Bose single CD with cassette. No CD changer. I bought ...
    xspower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

IPhone connection

OK, here's the deal. I have an 03DTS with a Bose single CD with cassette. No CD changer. I bought an ISGM73 from Isimple. This is the recommended kit to run my Iphone/Ipod thru the Bose and control it with the steering wheel controls. I installed the kit and immediately the Iphone starts charging so I know it's connected correctly. I've been on the phone with tech support 3 times so I know I've got everything right BUT here's the problem. When I hit the source button to select cd changer (that's where it's connected at the cd changer plug behind the glove compartment) it says no source loaded. I took the CD changer out of my 03 Vette and installed it and it says the same thing, no source loaded. I called my dealership and they said the computer had to be flashed to recognize something was installed on the cd changer plug. Does this sound correct or not? I know the kit works because I installed it on my Vette and it works perfect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: IPhone connection

No! there is NO "flashing" required.
    There are 2 types of CD changers, one controlled via the E&D data line and the other one is controlled via the data bus. I am almost sure ’03 non-NAV had the first type, not sure what type is on the 03 Corvette.

xspower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Still lookin for help

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

x2thaz04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Diamond White DTS w/ Sunroof

Let me kno if you ever figure this one out. I've been trying to get my iPod connected to my 04 DTS Bose for almost a year now. I don't think its possible with stereos that have a single "source" button.

superprohero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cadillac CTS

Maybe I can help you. I have an 04 CTS with Bose with a disc changer and I wired up my iPhone without any install kits or gadgets and it sounds awesome. And it works with the steering wheel volume control.

Wait a minute, does an iPod have a 1/4 inch stereo jack for headphones or just the wide connector for charging/output, etc?
    Also if I had your VIN I could look the wiring diagram up on a certain website,,,,,welllll lets just say I can look it up.

x2thaz04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Diamond White DTS w/ Sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by superprohero View Post
    Maybe I can help you. I have an 04 CTS with Bose with a disc changer and I wired up my iPhone without any install kits or gadgets and it sounds awesome. And it works with the steering wheel volume control.

Wait a minute, does an iPod have a 1/4 inch stereo jack for headphones or just the wide connector for charging/output, etc?
    Also if I had your VIN I could look the wiring diagram up on a certain website,,,,,welllll lets just say I can look it up.
    How did you do that? I think all iPhones, iPods have the 3.5mm stereo jack and the 30 pin connector except for the shuffle but anyway How is it done?

eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

make sure you set the jumper switches right on the isimple!

parislogs1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superprohero

I have an 08 dts are you saying I cAn link my iPhone to my car without any wiring ?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado_97
    make sure you set the jumper switches right on the isimple!
    I have a 08 dts and I am trying to connect my iPhone can you help? Terry

11. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.